Late Game Garen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-01-2011

You can play any guide but Garen ends up being rather weak lategame except you got really fed and even then your not a carry at all.

I experienced that too that i got great scores early and mid but lategame often lost the game because i can't carry at all. I know he isn't supposed to be a carry but he still feels freaking weak later on.

MaVxP

07-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeokey View Post
lol with garen i was 19-4-12 and we lost cause i couldnt do any noticable damage to the enemy team...i had GA full stacks, frozen mallet, atmas, boots infinity edge...hes the only champ i know that can be fed but you can still lose.
wats a GA?

MetalCaptain

07-02-2011

Sunfire, IE is enough damage with your skills at the 35 minute mark for anything but the tanks. Target DPS, be tankier than them. LW next damage item, but you may be getting tankier before that.

Bring up the scorecard, find an enemy with NO ARMOR INCREASING ITEMS. Charge them. You will always have enough dps to strike the right targets...

Wait... Garen doesn't usually have a late game
You're doing it wrong. Force 20 min surrenders. Get godly at early game.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

07-02-2011

Sometimes i think Garen is just balanced. You know tanky DPS aren't supposed to be carries. Other tanky DPS like Irelia and Jarvan seem way to strong doing much damage but being also able to take punishment.

Garen doesn't feel like completely weak lategame but just not as uberstrong as other tanky DPS.

His ulti sucks though ...

FoxyLocksy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelisariosAUT View Post
Sometimes i think Garen is just balanced. You know tanky DPS aren't supposed to be carries. Other tanky DPS like Irelia and Jarvan seem way to strong doing much damage but being also able to take punishment.

Garen doesn't feel like completely weak lategame but just not as uberstrong as other tanky DPS.

His ulti sucks though ...
Yeah but Garen should have more power than Jarvan or Irelia. He lacks tools like CC and gap closers. It should feel rewarding to get close to your enemies as Garen.

Just look at Olaf's damage. Or a carry hugging Udyr. Garen shouldn't have the same late game power as Udyr or Olaf but he should have more power than Irelia/jarvan/Renekton.

Right now when I play Jarvan I surpass any of my garen games in damage with nothing but a triforce and pure tank. I mean, even in the physical damage only category Jarvan will still win EASILY.

Get Some 101

07-02-2011

If you're playing Garen, late game just go for split pushes. Let your team go one lane, you try to push another. If they all go for you, your team gets the other lane, if they leave you alone, you get a tower. I hate doing it though cus I feel like Yi...and I hate Yi's that just backdoor all game since there really isn't a counter.

But yeah, in team fights all you do is soak up damage, and KS with your ult, so might as well try to do something that takes a little skill. Idk, I'm just not really a Garen fan.

Ash Roxies

07-02-2011

Stop building tank garen

SloppyToast

07-02-2011

i think i had one game where i had full sword of the occult stacks, sunfire, and atmas, might have had an aegis or warmogs too but i dont remember exactly. anyway, my Q hit like a truck and my spin did absurd amounts of damage at and past the 30 min mark (though, i dont think the game went much past the 30 min mark). the items with stacks can sometimes work wonders on garen since his early game is so brutal. occult for AD focused garen, or levi for tank focused garen

MaVxP

07-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Roxies View Post
Stop building tank garen
Then what is your item build for DPS Garen?

captainron12

07-02-2011

boots of mobility,guardian angel,sunfire cape,sword of the occult,leviathan, atmas impaler
oh yeah and have a good team so you can get stacks