Sampling Characters before Purchase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Strunts potato

04-14-2010

if this idea was put in, it could be called RENT-A-CHAMP

Hoywolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRoberts View Post
Man, I really need to complete a full list of hero appearances. As I said above, the average length between hero appearances starting at their first appearance (instead of week one) to date of the five most expensive heroes (excluding Ezreal) is 5.9 weeks. The sampling champions are part of a great system which I don't think needs changing, but I'm arguing for more experienced players to be given a chance to see how the most expensive heroes play without waiting an excessive amount of time for them to be available. Or for the newest players to be given an opportunity to test the cheapest heroes instead of discarding them as useless because they're on the line between too expensive to buy just because they're cheap and too cheap to feel like they aren't underpowered noob heroes intended to feed the more expensive heroes.
If you look at the list for free hero on the home page and go to the link, they have a spreadsheet of which champions have been free from the very start and all that good data as well. Check it out

l7awyJl9l

04-16-2010

I'd rather propose the idea of view-champion-in-action button it the store which means automatically start practice game player vs bot (1v1) for example on the map 3v3. Without IP, without XP, without any other rewards. Just testing and looking what Champ can do and how does it work.
Isn't it good idea?
Why should I spend my IP for something I didn't touch up?

HumpingAngel

04-16-2010

I havn't really read this thread. But this is what I think.

A middlesize testbox where you can try the skills at lower and high level.

BroForgotnglory

04-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaphire View Post
are you forgetting that we're given 10 trial heroes each week? use your head and dont buy until you've tried out or know for a fact your going to like that hero, ESPECIALLY if your using cash and not IP.

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN, i just have to wait 10 weeks to try out the hero i want WOOHOO.

I wouldnt mind, a rent option

the first character i ever bought was karthus and then found out i dont like playing squishy mages >.>

Fumouffu

04-17-2010

This is a great idea!

The free heroes per week are a great way for people to test out heroes they normally wouldn't look into, however when people are looking to spend money, waiting around to test a hero out several weeks before hand could be circumvented by a system like this.

SilvrChaos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2010

Yes, there should definitely be some form of "unlock for 24 hours" rental. Some characters are almost never free, and who knows when they'll be free. Either that or a "Play with bots for free" would be good. I can see Riot doing the rental thing, though.

ToxicK2

04-18-2010

or you should just be able to test any character vs bots. In a practice game. w/o needing to buy a character

Adalonus

04-18-2010

How about instead of rent a champ (which would then produce a wave of very crappy "op" champs) They are all available in practice games. Isn't that what a practice game is there for? All champions should be unlocked in practice mode (especially if it is only against bots). Practice games does not give any IP so you should feel free to try the champions before you buy them. Or atleast get a set number of uses in practice games before they lock.

Edit:
LOL. See above post. Beat me to it. Guess that's what I get for quick reply.

l7awyJl9l

04-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
How about instead of rent a champ (which would then produce a wave of very crappy "op" champs) They are all available in practice games. Isn't that what a practice game is there for? All champions should be unlocked in practice mode (especially if it is only against bots). Practice games does not give any IP so you should feel free to try the champions before you buy them. Or atleast get a set number of uses in practice games before they lock.

Edit:
LOL. See above post. Beat me to it. Guess that's what I get for quick reply.
Are you sure, Practices don't give IP? I have to disappoint you: THEY DO! ALONG WITH XP!!! Of course, with -37% penalty, but... I constanly get ~50-60 XP and IP every time I play practice game to test available heros... and I have already accumulated 3k+ IP to buy some champ in the middle... still, accumulating to try something else