CAD Auther hits 10k Referals, Doesnt get to design champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frege

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaira View Post
anti fun my ass little kids want to have fun go play mario.
Also, good point. This game shouldn't be any fun. In fact, they should eliminate the fun so that only super serious gamers play it.

Then they company goes bankrupt but I guess a few basement dwellers like you will be happy, so.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mellonova

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Tim Buckley, pedophile, designing characters... noooo thank you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Candlejack DANZA

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbf11 View Post
we don't care. Tim b^uckley is a scumbag piece of trash, and letting him touch any aspect of this game's production would tarnish the product. His utter lack of creativity in making his misogynistic webcomic, and his abhorrent qualities as a person do not qualify him to make a champion in league of legends; in fact, they are what disqualify him. Oh, and he plagiarizes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trazz View Post
yeah, and they've been doing it for months or even over a year before this talentless hack got ahold of this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonova View Post
tim buckley, pedophile, designing characters... Noooo thank you

qft


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrankyCentaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-30-2011

I really hate that guy... but that's messed up Riot.

Please listen to your fanbase...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

god awful

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankyCentaur View Post
I really hate that guy... but that's messed up Riot.

Please listen to your fanbase...
the fanbase is saying to not let him design a character from scratch, and to follow the rules.

now since i know you can't read, here's the "TL;DR"

Riot is listening.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M0D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by moistmongoose View Post
Even if he had 10k, Didn't Grez have like ~25k?

Edit: Someone tell me why the hell everyone hates the CAD guy...

Dammit someone tell me instead of downvoting ><

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=Tim%20Buckley


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Louise

Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audhulma View Post
I would much rather have a say in the theme of the champion than it's abilities' balance. The most rewarding portion of the entire thing if you are only going to visit the one time is deciding what TYPE of champion it will be, what they will look like, etc - Who gives two ****s about the balance portion? That's the bulk of the work anyways.

I'd much rather say "Hey guys, I'd really like to see a wyvern as a champion, or a water elemental and this is more or less what I think it should look like to give you an example *hands in a sketch*" As opposed to "Oh hai guys, I see you're just working out the numbers on the champion I was supposed to be allowed to design with you. I don't really know anything about game balance, so what I say isn't going to matter anyways - do what you want because you're going to end up doing it no matter what"

Sorry if that sounds rude, but that's the best way I can explain it. Also, you guys should REALLY update the reward description to better say this now that all this info has been clarified and the reward page makes it seem significantly more glorified than it is.
upvoted. exactly the point i was trying to make before i re-read what i had typed and it wasn't making much sense so i scrapped it.

you explained it much better than me. the only worthwhile part of designing a character is in the initial concept, as you say. saying "hey i want to see a mage character that summons mirrors and then is able to teleport to her mirrors creating unique map-control gameplay and ganks" is exactly what this reward should be about, not "hi, i see you're building a scorpion thing, how about we have it be purple..."

but yeah, ^ that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ArtaxIsDead

Senior Member

06-30-2011

I think that it should also stand to be said (again, if it's been said already) that someone else who got to 10k referrals (Genke or something?) still hasn't been able to go out to Riot.
Whether this is because of him or them, I can't say.
But I think it's pretty BS that the CAD writer can go to Riot at the drop of a dime because he was nice enough to put them in a few of his strips. Where's the loyalty to the average player?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

Senior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
The Champion design process is months long - so we want to bring someone in for a few days during a part of the process that's really rewarding. Ultimately we decided that it made more sense to bring someone in closer to the end - when the team is designing abilities, balance, etc which is where the most gameplay-impacting decisions get made. That however means that the concept itself is already pretty fleshed out.

Of course it's not a - "you get to drop whatever Champion you want in the game" type of thing =D. Our own designers don't even get to do that - it's a very collaborative process.

That being said, we're going to update the language on the page to clarify
Wow, spending all the time that it takes to get 10,000 referrals and all you get is to give some direction on an already designed concept? I'd be ticked.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IlfirinVelca

Senior Member

06-30-2011

way to renege on a promise...