CAD Auther hits 10k Referals, Doesnt get to design champion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AzaronChisane

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverx2 View Post
Spider shark is basically just urgot.

just make a spidershark skin.
I would immediately buy Spidershark Urgot. Immediately.

Barnabus

06-30-2011

His champion was COMPLETE GARBAGE.

Someone from Riot saw it, knew that it was a complete POS and they retroactively changed the rules because his idea was so god ****ed awful.

I am happy this whole thing turned out this way. The game would be scarred forever by his terrible hero.

MPLocke

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiyel Guabiran View Post
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/design

Design : to create, fashion, execute, or construct according to plan : devise, contrive to conceive and plan out in the mind

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/develop

Develop: a : to work out the possibilities of
b : to create or produce especially by deliberate effort over time

Now while there are other definitions of Design (Artwork) and Develop (Photography), there really isn't a difference in words. Just semantics.
Notice how that poster said, "as it pertains to games". No, wait, you didn't.

ASP Serena

06-30-2011

That really sucks. I mean, the idea of a spider-shark champion is kind of ridiculous, but the thing says that the referrer will be allowed to help design a champion, and that's what should happen. Riot has other loopholes it can use, like making that champion available only for a limited time and non-buyable to avoid actually having it in game for very long. The one thing Riot should at least do, though, is do what they say they're going to do.

Smeckledorf

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiyel Guabiran View Post
insert terrible defense through picked out definitions here.
Just use your brain, think about it. Developing is helping something grow, modify, mature. Designing is creating, to produce something.

MPLocke

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyriaDamascus View Post
That really sucks. I mean, the idea of a spider-shark champion is kind of ridiculous, but the thing says that the referrer will be allowed to help design a champion, and that's what should happen. Riot has other loopholes it can use, like making that champion available only for a limited time and non-buyable to avoid actually having it in game for very long. The one thing Riot should at least do, though, is do what they say they're going to do.
Have you read this thread yet? It says DEVELOP not DESIGN. Learn what you're talking about before you post something.

Smeckledorf

06-30-2011

You don't have to read the thread, you can go straight to the source.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/referrals/invite

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

I wonder how many of those 10k he got are dupe accounts of fans who made 50+ each <_<

Azerien

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verise View Post
Yea, he wants to make a spider shark? Screw that, I can see why Riot doesn't allow TOTAL free reign on people designing champions. Pretty sure they'd take some feedback and help guide him along to making a champion.

It's like me getting 10k referrals and I go in and design a champion to look like Hitler. Not gonna fly bro.
This^

Could you imagine if Riot allowed players to create champions? We'd end up with the most broken, OP, dumbest ideas on the planet for champions. Then the dev team would spend their entire time trying to balance and fix them rather than coming out with better content like good champs (minus Yorick, he needs work) and for the love of all things holy some new maps soon.

EDIT:

Also - there's this whole caviat to the champ creation thing: Some restrictions, not limited to those included herein apply, SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY RIOT GAMES AT ANY TIME. Must be 18 or over to qualify. Expenses are defined as all reasonable costs of transportation to and from Los Angeles and the Riot Offices, as well as lodging if appropriate in Riot's sole discretion. In no event shall the expenses exceed $5,000

Macerate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

It also says "help" not "have sole power over everything"

Really, people. How does anyone read the prize and think "I'll get to put whatever I want in there!"