The constant shen nerfs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tweek Tweakk

06-29-2011

I've been playing him since release, and it seems like every patch they nerf him.

Started with his q being too strong and yeh that was true, but now its 50 at lvl 1.
I can live with that. The question is if there arent any qq threads about him being op on the forums, then why is he getting nerfed?

His shield was nerfed so it pretty much blocks one spell on a higher cd, but now it hardly even blocks one spell at its max level.
Kinda worthless but ok.

His taunt great as usual, the energy was increased for its use shortly after his release, but that didnt affect him.

His ult was op back then because we would just shield to escape. Then they removed his shield and made it just shield someone else (still fine)
Then they reduced the shield to around 2 bars. That's when shen became worthless as a support tank.
Dont nerf him down to pantheons level or he'll never be used in games.

Besides all that i still like maining him.

Jezroth

06-29-2011

shen is great the be honest i didn't realise they nerfed him.. that said I started playign him after they took the shield off of him when he ulted

CromoZown

06-29-2011

Yes, I still do main him too, but since last patch he's far too weak and not viable in high elo. Something must be wrong, FIX MY NINJA!!!!!!!!!!

Giltia Zero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

Used to be the best tank because his Ult actually COULD save lives at level 1.

Then they nerfed his already poor damage into the ground, and made his shield worthless at level 1.

Aikimiller

06-29-2011

Yeah, shen is UP right now. He just cannot effect the outcome of games like he used to be able to.

Aparently there is a global ult rework in the next couple patches- perhaps this means they'll be looking at Shen.

Personally, I'd like to see Vorpal buffed so that it actually heals a noticable amount and deals more damage that it's current sneeze-worthy form, maybe add an effect when a minion or enemy dies while lifetapped. Feint should have energy returned if not broken, and possibly be able to effect an ally as well (like almost every other shield out there- looking at you Jarvan in particular), Dash should deal some damage and taunt for longer at low levels, and I'd like to see it Shield an Ally if you dash thru an ally, and the ult should have a channeling time dependent upon how far away the ally is. I'd like to see his passive activate on an ally getting hit as well. I think some combination of these things would make him a bit more viable at high elo, where his ult isn't as useful (because his ult is mainly good for rescuing an opponent who's made a mistake, and mistakes happen less frequently at higher levels of play).

Additionally, in the current meta, his jungle needs to be viable, or he needs to be able to support better. One of the two.

kavinh the third

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-30-2011

ya he needs some buffs the few shens i've played against weren't bad or at least i don't think so but their damage output was pathetic i mean a shen who teleported in taunted and still couldn't deal enough damage to kill me when i was at 2 bars.

Tweek Tweakk

06-30-2011

Well i agree with all of u. I still do well with him though, but i find that ulting my low hp ally is a waste of time, because they die before the teleport. Shen used to be famous for those last second ults that just make the enemy rage hard. Now he's famous for the most nerfed ninja in the game.

Cloud Potato

06-30-2011

Shen has great utility for a tank, but most of his abilities are too weak to be very useful. I can't help but feel this has something to do with the sheer usefulness of his ult, current status notwithstanding.

Highcastle

06-30-2011

+1

BobZeBuilder

06-30-2011

btw the global ulti rework, kinda means they might remove almost all of them btw.

but dont take my word for it.