Singed late game survivability is absurd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyroxite

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tserris View Post
Firstly, Singed is in no way a tank. He lacks any form of initiation ability and his only form of crowd control simply chucks a champion slightly behind him but in no way disables the target.

He is however a perfect example of a Tanky dps, he survives very long and deals noteworthy damage during that period of time. Difficult to kill with moderate damage but lacks initiation skills and CC = tanky dps.

That said, being in the category of a tanky dps I do agree he has more survive-ability than he ought to. However he also sports the lowest immediate damage capabilities of all the tanky dps champions -he has the highest long term damage capability (should noobs chase him).

Generally I see Singed's buy a RoA first... This should be the first indicator that he is not a tank -you don't see Rammus buying a RoA simply because his powerball and ult have AP ratios.

Also, downvoting doesn't make me wrong -just ask a Riot employee. Or just watch his spotlight, clearly states that he's a tanky dps.
I'll trust high ELO players over Riot any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and players like Dyrus use Singed as a tank.

His slow is quite potent and his toss is amazing as well. He buys RoA first because his passive gives him health from mana (obviously). RoA is a different item for him than it is for Rammus.

He is among the toughest champs in the game, and his main utility is not from his damage but from his ability to dive straight into the enemy team and live, the hallmark of a true tank.

Tserris

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyroxite View Post
I'll trust high ELO players over Riot any day of the week and twice on Sunday, and players like Dyrus use Singed as a tank.

His slow is quite potent and his toss is amazing as well. He buys RoA first because his passive gives him health from mana (obviously). RoA is a different item for him than it is for Rammus.

He is among the toughest champs in the game, and his main utility is not from his damage but from his ability to dive straight into the enemy team and live, the hallmark of a true tank.
Any champion that is built with tank gear can tower dive, it's a given. I'll use a more-recently released tanky dps champion as an example:

TRUNDLE!! This guy can drop an area that gives him a far more potent movement speed boost than singed's ultimate (granted its duration is lower for those who like to nitpick) and also reduces the duration of CC on him by an impressive amount, his AoE slow is easier to land than Singed's and doubles as a pathing blocker, and both are comparable in size and % slowed. Trundle's Q gives him bonus damage and drops the damage of his target by a set amount -which is very useful when diving AD champions such as Xin or Pantheon, not to mention the higher damage is equally useful in dropping the dived champion. His ultimate not only heals him and damages his target, it also jacks his target's mitigation and gives it to him.

Both champions are melee and both champions are classified as "Tanky dps", based on their skillsets I find neither of them to be better suited for tanking than the other. Both are very good at tower diving and assisting kills, as well as disrupting enemy positioning. -yet Trundle is played by the majority as a tanky dpser as his spotlight showed him -singed on the other hand is generally played as a tank with 1-2 caster items.

My point is that while a champion can be built with tanking gear, that does not mean that the champion is a tank. If i built Akali as a tank I would have insane tower diving and initiation skills -but that doesn't mean she'd ever in a million years be considered a tank.

Also, downvoting only proves my point if you don't have a counter-argument. Closed-mindedness and immaturity gives me the win

Sir Longfellow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

If Singed builds AP he's not gonna be unkillable, therefore nerfing his poison ratio isn't going to solve your "problem". Singed is fine, nobody gets mana past BV and RoA anyway so he's no tankier than anyone beyond that mana to hp conversion which is really somewhat compensated by his low natural hp.

BohemianParody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louie Kaboom View Post
I can't touch the SOB with AD or AP chars I play. He just bull rushes my team and we're screwed. Had Singed on my team do the same thing and carry us.

Even more so than Mundo, Singed goes where ever the hell he pleases with no consequence.
use the so-called "executioner" and never treat "ignite" as a finishing tool only!

Bilun

06-29-2011

Repeat after me:

"I will not chase the chemist.
I will not chase the chemist.
I will not chase the chemist."

Comrade Domi

06-29-2011

While i love playing singed he is countered easily. He doesn't need a nerf at all.

If your carries get Banshees Veil Singed doesn't have many targets he can toss. He can only pop it by using fling and and since he should be ahead of the rest of his team your banshees should be up. He really isn't op

Tserris

06-29-2011

If you understand that after his toss he is the least dangerous target in the game... well... Win.

theyBONEweMOAN

06-29-2011

He relies almost completely on the opponents stupidity and bad judgement to deal serious damage and score kills for most of the game. If you chase, you will die. Some one has to be the fastest. Also fling has a long cooldown, as does the slow.
Singed offers less disruption than alistar, and isnt harder to kill. Most of the time, you are better off buying banshees (this crazy items that tells singed to go afk) than focusing him. He has only one ability that breaks the banshees viel. If carries buy it, he does nothing of great impact.
singed used as a tank is not effective. He can not distrupt to the level of other tanks.
He is fine

kavinh the third

06-29-2011

isn't it the same with every tank like i mean try hunting down a rammus late game 1 vs 1 u'll never kill him even with cc.

2cows and a duck

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavinh the third View Post
isn't it the same with every tank like i mean try hunting down a rammus late game 1 vs 1 u'll never kill him even with cc.
Ya but he doesn't split push like a *****.