please make a option to turn off teh pings.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReD AnimaL WaR

04-10-2010

It gets so annoying because always somebody pings things on the map. This sound is so horrible to hear all the time i hate it.

Please make a option to turn the sound + the map signs off. i look at the map myself and i hate pings so much.

Lyther

04-12-2010

but you need the pings to co-ordinate with your team, if your not talking to them. pings can realise quick mias, or if someone is in your lanes second lane, jungle ... ect

mabey if you suggested changeing the sound ? or having an option to pick from several different ping noises?

Thome

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2010

I say go with something a little more soft.

http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/freesounds5/ufo.wav is a sound that is a little easier, yet still attention grabbing. obviously shorten it a little bit, and add your own take the to noise.

http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/fr...misslebeep.wav is another one that i kinda like.

just some options. the ping noise now works. i just dont like it all that much. just check out the sounds if ya dont mind.

~thome

RiotJay

Associate Sound Designer

04-21-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We're hoping to add the ability to mute and change the volume on the ping sounds individually in the future. We think it's good that the sound is noticeable and stands out, so our focus is more on alleviating the pain of spammers who take advantage of the functionality than changing the sound itself.

DeathWingSC

04-28-2010

All that should happen is that after 5 consecutive pings it should be disabled for that user for about 10 seconds. Prevent spam but allows users to draw a path on the map to indicate a potential ganks and such. If you need more than 4 pings for a path maker on the map then you're doing it wrong.

ReD AnimaL WaR

04-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaywatford View Post
We're hoping to add the ability to mute and change the volume on the ping sounds individually in the future. We think it's good that the sound is noticeable and stands out, so our focus is more on alleviating the pain of spammers who take advantage of the functionality than changing the sound itself.
i would love that!

only stopping spammers in some whay would not be enough for me. i mean in sometimes really i get crazy because always some one pings EVERYTHING i mean EVERY f... tower withc is beeing attacked and every enemy that pops out of the fog of war. Its so annoying!

Or on the 3vs3 map at every start someone pings the gras at the middle. and mostly not one time.

I think i would be fine for me to dont have any pings and look at the minimap myself and decide myself what i gonna do. I mean sometimes in rare situations pings really get my attention so something i did not notice like miss/coming pings. But in generall thy ppl just annoy me with pings.
Maybe only the visiuals on the map would be enough.

Now i have a idea: A option to turn of Pings from indiviual players.

I hope for some new options soon.

And question at the and: Why somebody posted sounds here? Can i mod LOL to change the sound?

Bunbunru

05-02-2010

I think it would be great that if you put the ping spammers on your ignore list than their beeps would end as well.

Mygodisyourdevil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-25-2011

why hasn't this been done yet? this was 10 months ago, is it that hard? this seems like about an hour project.

Allissane

03-28-2011

Why you (RIOT) have you chose to NOT answer this thread officially with an ETA on a sound suggestion and much needed (standard some would think?) feature and not with some vague "in the future" remark but you still keep releasing champions and skins but not improve the features players really want such as the topic of this thread and new maps - is nothing short of arrogance / ignorance.

I have supported L.O.L for a while now and have sunk significant Money (champs, skins etc.) into the game as a way to show support and ensure its success as well as be able to see improvements.

Unfortunately for you RIOT this needs to be on both our terms, Developer (you) and customer (me) but I do not see the improvements and only see a company saying buy more buy more without giving the players (Me) what (I) we really want.

Ping spammers are the bane of my game playing, I want to see a mute player interface that allows you to granular control the actions of other players for example, I may not want to hear the pings from Player X but I do want to see their text or I do not want to see their text but do want to hear pings from player X.

With as much respect as I can muster for a company that does not show active interest in its customers, make a real effort to sort out the ping spammers and release this feature ASAP (Next Patch) or lose a customer, simple as that.