@Riot Settle the Shaco Dispute (+2 Bugs)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonike

06-26-2011

Shaco's Clone Controversy
Please settle this once and for all. Is shaco's clone supposed to have a "tell" that allows you to distinguish him from the real shaco or is this a bug?
More specifically
-Is his clone not supposed to have a neutral monster buff when he does?
-Share the same inventory?
-Have a icon on the minimap?

Video of bugs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f3288mPRAM
3 Bugs
1.When shaco throws a shiv right before an enemy enters a bush or goes into stealth the sound effect goes off and the animation starts but nothing happens.
2.If you deceive to close to your target you will stand idle for a bit and have to reclick when they are further away.
-Fix the Visibility problems with JitB

If you check the champion feedback forum there are always at least 3 posts on the front page mentioning these issues, so I would really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really appreciate any staff comment on these issues.

Tchyk

06-26-2011

Riot comment! I have tried this too. Riot has still not responded my my Post. Also fix Jboxes fear/taunt regarding jungle creeps.

Frosty716

06-27-2011

i wish they would make it so the range a target is shot at and feared with jitb is the same, so they don't run past it, set the boxes to shoot off, and don't get feared.

Tchyk

06-27-2011

I wish they would fix that and much more.

Vestic

06-27-2011

Riot hasn't responded because they can't fix him. They focus on new champs each week, leaving behind bugs on champs like shaco, nid, etc.

Daen

06-27-2011

Vestic has made a wonderful thread referring to Shaco's issues, if you feel like adding those to your list.

~Eagle~

Tchyk

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestic View Post
Riot hasn't responded because they can't fix him. They focus on new champs each week, leaving behind bugs on champs like shaco, nid, etc.
I'm sorry but I just wont take that. Riot is a responsible company and I believe that they have a strong development team that works for quality. However I do think that they might be pressured to work on new champs as a priority over older ones but they wont leave Shaco in the dust. If so they will loose a lot of their player base because if they do it with Shaco they will end up doing it with others and after a while people will begin to "riot". Please take note of this Riot, address the many buggs that plague Shacos current state, as well as do something to make him viable in competative play, I would leave examples but there are enough posts about that already I trust that once he is looked that the right choices will be clear.

godmanGM

06-28-2011

Bump for a fix

Atolian

06-28-2011

bump

Azriel

06-28-2011

I thought they made him easy to distinguish purposely, for game balancing. When LB spawns her clone does it gain the three things you are asking about (items, buff icons, minimap pic)? If it doesn't then I would say it is very likely this is intended. If her clone gets some things shaco's doesnt, then you have a little more "bug" ground to stand on. Of course the two champs are different and just because they give LB's clone a lil buff doesnt mean shaco's clone needed the same treatment.

Personally I think the additional damage from clone and the momentary confusion (much greater in lower ELO or those just starting the game) is probably what they were aiming for; not an exact copy for enemies to waste their time on for any long period of time.

Lets also not forget the other little tricks just popping off the clone does like allowing you to avoid spells like karth ult or block ashe arrows for example....the clone brings alot to the table without extra camouflage (since LB cant chose when to summon hers it isnt as useful so I would be less surprised if her clone was better) .