ace's guide to teh lolkat

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aceca

Member

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
that's where I disagree/do other thing

Runes: Attack Speed is useless for Katarina, you're doing meele atacks only when your skills are on cooldown
Attack damage is not bad, but that ammount is quite useless

get Magic Penetration Marks and Quints, as all of your skills are Magic Damaged and Katarina is all about using skills.

For Masteries, I go with 9/0/21 build, Nimbleness is ok, but what do u need it for? If you use KI + Shunpo, you're probably far enough from enemies to escape. And if you Shunpo into battle, then you don't need incrased speed... Offensive build is also not good. As I said, Katarina is skill based char, not meele fighter.

Here's what I've got - http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8104/masteriesk.png

Summoner Spells: Smite sucks ballz. Exhaust + Ignite by far

Skills: BB > KI > Shunpo... You're right, BB doesn't get much of a boost while leveling it, but it does get another bounces! It helps you to farm creeps MUCH more effectively , it helps you to reach enemies in your lane even without getting close and the reduced regeneration for 6 targets is wonderful in a team fight, especially if they have a healer.
I always go, BB, KI/Shunpo, Shunpo/KI
and then DL > BB > KI > Shunpo
As for harrassing with Shunpo, it's not THAT good idea, as you can get easily pwned/harrassed

Items: Elixir sounds like a good idea, but I never liked them as a starting item. Maybe that's because I don't play uber-pro-pwnzord-high ELO, but I don't see much people using it. Doran's Shield and a Health Pot is my choice. This will make you stay in your lane much longer than pots and if you have to face hard team, you'll get pwned with your pot as you won't be able to use it properly
Next items are:
Long Sword
Boots 1 (unless I totaly dominate my lane, then I take SotO before boots)
Sword of the Occult
Upgraded Boots - Mercury Threads/Ninja Tabi/Boots of Mobility
B.F. Sword
Bloodthirster
Haunting Guise - Magic Pen + Spell vamp = <3
Another Bloodthirster - starting with B.F. Sword ofc
Rylai's - yep, even in AD build I take it, for the slow, HP and late game boost for Shunpo

My last 5 games with this build:
20/4/17
11/2/5
5/7/5 - lost
13/5/14
8/5/8

and I did get all of them in 4 out of 10 games

this doesn't quite address my guide, since my guide suggests a more dps/melee oriented Kat, correct you will be hitting people when you're abilities are on cooldown and that is right after you've used them, meaning you shunpo to them and you are immediately in melee range allowing you to push in your melee damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ma5ter

Junior Member

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceca View Post
ace's guide to teh lolkat (Katarina, The Sinister Blade)


Smite:

Ah! The Jack of all trades. I do not recommend this for Twisted Treeline, you won't be relying on creeps for money on that map. On Summoner's Rift, however, it is rather useful. This spell allows you to pretty much 1 shot every cannon, when you see it, saving valuable time. Also you will be able to quickly smite neutrals when you are moving to another lane for a gank or returning to your lane after blue pilling. Further Smite is also a kind of failsafe, if you find yourself in a position that you can't dominate your lane, but are pushed back (not surprising, since Kat is a squishy melee champ), it ensures you a small but steady income.
lols XD


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

Senior Member

04-11-2010

Zerker boots are terrible as others have said.
Very little of your damage is from AA.
So either sorc, to increase shunpo and DL damage.
Or merc treads to increase your survival. Not just the 40% CC, but the MR on them as well will help alot.

At the same time, +hp/level seals.
Got to disagree there too.
175hp at level 18 with 9 seals? 6.75% dodge is better. Maybe AR/level or MR/level.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

peyo

Senior Member

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceca View Post
500 dmg per dagger... i seriously doubt that. even if you have SotO and both BT maxed out you will have a bonus dmg of ~310 which translates into 155 dmg bonus for each dagger add the base 80 you get 235... now you are telling me you have enough magic penetration to DOUBLE the damage of your daggers???
I know, my fail... I've been thinking about +-400 AD, added 80dmg to it, but forgot to take half of AD :P

it's possible to get a bit below 300dmg with each hit (not counting resists and magic pen) but it's still quite enough

I've been thinking about getting more AD instead of HG/Rylai, but I don't find it that good. Atleast I don't find any item that's worth its price, that's why I take magic pen, hp and slow

@aceca, I'm sorry I just looked at that guide in general, didn't get into all details. Sorry for making a bit offtop :] I still think that she's mostly skill based,but that's your guide sorry again ^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

aceca

Member

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
@aceca, I'm sorry I just looked at that guide in general, didn't get into all details. Sorry for making a bit offtop :] I still think that she's mostly skill based,but that's your guide sorry again ^^

^^ no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
At the same time, +hp/level seals.
Got to disagree there too.
175hp at level 18 with 9 seals? 6.75% dodge is better. Maybe AR/level or MR/level.
I'm ok with AR/level or MR/level, however, dodge isn't as useful since your Shunpo dodge makes that bonus obsolete due to diminishing returns on dodge. HP per lvl gives you an advantage over AR/level and MR/level since it gives you a buffer vs both spells and auto attacks.

The reason i prefer Zerker's greaves is that they allow me to push in enough damage after a shunpo to finish them off and not needing to waste my ulti every time i want to kill a champ.


It has been said that kat is very skill based, which i agree with, however, her auto attack is quite formidable as well if you go AD build. In fact the total damage dealt with my kat is split in half, one being from abilities and one from physical attacks. And IMO neither should be neglected.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

Senior Member

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceca View Post
switching zerker greaves for sorc shoes is viable, however i wouldn't swap them out for merc treads or any other boots. merc boots do not prevent ccs they only reduce the time and even when a stun is reduced by 40% it will still disrupt your ult, my opinion. If you want to run merc and cleanse that is fine by me I'm only trying to give guidance.
actually I wouldn't run cleanse AND merc treads on kat.

Don't know what the ideal setup now is but pre-nerf I always ran cleanse/rally for the double-dip bonus. Cleanse/exhaust or Cleanse/Ignite sounds good to me if you take Sorc Shoes. I just think Cleanse is mandatory on Kat. yeah you get disrupted either way, but at least you won't die and give the enemy gold.


12