Jungle Olaf vs Lane Olaf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajax of 89

06-28-2011

I"m a terrible jungler, I'm sure with a lot more practice i could be better but jungling just isnt my thing it seems. Maybe there are others who feel the same? Anyway I can play Olaf in the jungle but I actually prefer the lane and have good success, but my brother, at the sight of Lanelaf when there is no junlger on the team freaks out. So what's your opinion? Does Olaf belong in the jungle?

2Kraziee

06-28-2011

yes he does

thatsmywhitemama

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

He would need to have a baby sitter. He is better in the jungle.

TURTLE343

06-28-2011

Olaf belongs in the jungle. I lane him all the time with success, though. It doesn't really matter in solo que.

The Vikachu

06-28-2011

Way better in jungle than lane.

Booterang

06-28-2011

he defintely belongs in the jungle. strong ganks and great clear time. Olaf is also one of the best 1v1 characters from level 1-5 due to axe spam.

Snx James

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Olaf lane needs early dominance. I normally either solo lane or Jungle. If you jungle you will beat ANY other jungler if you find them in yours or their jungle. I have done it many times. In the Solo lane i would completely zone or kill and stop the other solo laner from getting any exp or last hits.

Verdun

06-28-2011

True story, I won my very first ranked match playing lane Olaf. I was partnered with a Morgana who basically force fed me kills.

It's entirely possible to lane Olaf but he has limited harass and you have to be careful with your mana. You'll definitely benefit from a partner who has some sort of zoning power or CC.

Claricorp

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booterang View Post
he defintely belongs in the jungle. strong ganks and great clear time. Olaf is also one of the best 1v1 characters from level 1-5 due to axe spam.
His ganks are actually not that great, the key thing about olaf is that he clears the jungle ludicrously fast and can gank a bit earlier, in addition he is extremely strong lategame, where most junglers fall a bit short.

Olaf is much more effective in the jungle than in lane, but he can lane decently, he actually works pretty well in a duo lane with a good support like blitz, janna or karma.

freakigod

06-28-2011

his ganks are nice! his q is so spamable with blue lol