Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Video] Udyr Tutorial by Redmercy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redmercy

06-28-2011

Check out my tutorial on Udyr and tell me what you think!

If you wonder what qualifies me to teach people how to play, well I am a 1900 ELO player, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVHuWB_Cdmc&feature=feedu

Bouldery

06-28-2011

nice guide

IvilKutyabolzov

06-29-2011

Constructive Criticism:

Your runeset isn't optimal. I have experimented with all runes and find that Flat Attack Damage Quints and Marks are best, armor seals, and w/e the hell u want blues (attack speed/mr per level/cdr are fine).

Flat attack damage help boost Udyr's tiger stance active's damage. You finished your jungle at about 4.30. With the rune set above you can finish it at 3.40. With armor pen quints/marks you can finish at 4.00.

Also you do not need ghost as udyr. Why? Because late game you should be spamming your bear stance in order to run at optimal speed. Ghost would hit the hard cap (as udyr doesn't hit it already) and the boost isnt that great. Use flash, it will save you numerous times and will let u invade the enemy jungle with an easy escape route.

Ivil

grayrest

06-29-2011

Quote:
IvilKutyabolzov:
Ghost would hit the hard cap (as udyr doesn't hit it already) and the boost isnt that great.
There is no hard cap on speed. The first soft cap is 415 the second is 490. Those are mostly in place to keep the % boosts from spiraling out of control. Example with Triforce:

350 * 1.15 = 402, +52 speed
430 * 1.12 = 481, +51 speed
520 * 1.075 = 559, +39 speed
600 * 1.075 = 645, +45 speed

The numbers go down but not really by enough to make a difference. Agreed on the AD runes, though. The 1.7 scaling on Tiger is too good.

Hwa Ryun

06-29-2011

Really good, though I would say you should've explored more into Udyr's flexibility. He can fill so many different roles, the key to mastering him is knowing which path to go in order to best support your team.

goldpenguin77

06-29-2011

One thing I always wonder is item order (and other item questions in general)

Specifically, boots1 or longsword first?

After madreds do you go straight to wriggles or put something else in the build?

What order do you get the parts of trinity force?

How do you find cloak and dagger with berserkers compared to mercs and wits end? Also why wits end? At what point do you get rid of wits end?

In your video you had spirit visage and GA. Is that typical? Many other builds go with randuin and banshee. I know that you'll be building survivability to match the opposing team but do you see the other benefits of those items as better?

Redmercy

06-29-2011

Quote:
goldpenguin77:
One thing I always wonder is item order (and other item questions in general)

Specifically, boots1 or longsword first?

After madreds do you go straight to wriggles or put something else in the build?

What order do you get the parts of trinity force?

How do you find cloak and dagger with berserkers compared to mercs and wits end? Also why wits end? At what point do you get rid of wits end?

In your video you had spirit visage and GA. Is that typical? Many other builds go with randuin and banshee. I know that you'll be building survivability to match the opposing team but do you see the other benefits of those items as better?

well ur def. starting with longsword or cloth armor + hp pots first then u make it into wriggles asap. Reason I dont rush boots and get the wriggles asap is cause Udyr alrdy has bear stance and with ghost as well its not a necessity. But after wriggles I do get the boots.

For trinity I get sheen first.

I prefer the cloak and zerkers cause its more dmg but mercs and wits is slightly more defensive build I made against a caster heavy enemy team as they both give u tenacity/MR plus wits end is anti caster due to its mana drain and with tiger stance u attack very fast so u proc it often

no those items are typical, the GA might be. It all depends on the matchup when u talk about defensive items, there isnt rly a set item u want to get, tho items like GA can be used in almost any situation as it offers everything in defensive terms

LordGwaihir

06-29-2011

I see on your Mastery Page you opted to not get Sorcery(just 1 point) or Archaic Knowledge and instead got Lethality. I've always been a big fan of the CDR and Magic Pen since both phoenix procs/damage and tiger dot deal magic damage. Seems like it would be more beneficial then 10% crit damage.

Dakaa

06-29-2011

This tutorial works.

Ginjii Raishin

06-29-2011

Great Vid, I just purchased Udyr last week and am having a great time learning him. Ty for making this