Hey seriously... shen needs to be rebuffed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cield

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmnii View Post
Ok, I know, his ulti is still amazing, but all must admit that Shen's damage is a joke, he is not able to farm effectively, and its useless to make his Q scale with AP, nobody buys AP for Shen....

And i can already hear all of you yelling... ".. but his ulti is so OP", "but a tank doesn't need dmg", and "buy some AP you idiot", and my personal favorite "First"...

But seriously, a tank DOES need dmg at least to farm effectively in order to have some gold to buy tank gear, an to be considered a threat to be usefull in team fights, now i can oly taunt (nerfed taunt too) for a few secs and then the enemies just ignore me and kill my whole team just to focus me last CUZ I DON'T NEED TO BE KILLED CUZ I DON'T DO ANY DAMAGE.

Please Riot, I'm not asking for any epic dmg buff of anything like that, just rebuff Shen as he used to be please, he doesn't seem as much of an option as it is right now....

Thanks for reading it all

PD: please pardon my english, it's not my first language.
you realize shen probably has the highest farming capability of any tank within a lane besides a tank chogath and a mid-late game galio.

WCsharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

I farm all day as shen...mid game...IMO it's his early game that is horrid. 250 is Karthus's ult so best of luck getting any use out of your R at first. His W is a joke with how worthless it is. Q heals for squat and when attacking minions it kills them before you get two strikes in :3

Needs love, not a lot just a little.

Dmnii

06-28-2011

i agree with the fact that his W is totally useless, and Vorpal Blade does no damage nor heals enough, cuz it gives lifesteal, that depends on attack damage!!! and there is none!!!, now someone said that Ki-Strke scales on health, but to do damage now i must buy thornmail (that gives no health) and sunfire (that doesn't give a lot), so building health is the only way to do dmg wih the passive, at cost of valuable resistances, again, I'm not asking for a super buff, just another review to him....

Rindon Calsar

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmnii View Post
i would like shen as it used to be, his taunt had a longer range before, and his damage did something, at least with Ki-Strike....
The problem with the longer range was that he was using it to either A) escape from being killed or B) (because of his higher dmg at the time) using it to chase and get kills.

He is fine now, just isn't the wtf pwn tanky dps machine he was.

Ragebeard Manric

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cield View Post
you realize shen probably has the highest farming capability of any tank within a lane besides a tank chogath and a mid-late game galio.
You realize that last hitting creeps in the laning phase is not farming, right?

Veigar dropping his Dark Matter on jungle ghosts and wiping them all, or Rammus using his ultimate on bunched up minion waves is what farming means, not slowly killing minions one at a time.

TrueShot Haze

06-28-2011

Shen's damage is fine. Pick up a cloth armor at the start, then immediately pick up a HP item. when you can (pick up x5 health pots obviously at the start), but then build some HP items.

At the start with jsut cloth armor and health pots, i pick up vorpal blade first. This makes last hitting really good, (you don't really need vorpal blade to farm, because his passive does that just as well for him). With his passive, you hit for about 85-90damage with just your auto attack. it's like Ashes passive to crit for like 150HP at the start except Shen's is better, his passive proc's more often.

Auto attack (with passive) + vorpal blade = ? About 200+ damage?
And then there's after the passive if you keep hitting, + more vorpal blade.
In about 8seconds Shen can deal about 1k damage using his auto attacks, his passive, and vorpal blade. Which can easily kill two champions at level 1, (be sure to be paired with a good lane partner i.e. an AD Ranged or a ranged AP champ, or, a tanky-dps will do just as good).

The only problem I have with Shen is his energy saving problems for early-mid-late game because his shadow dash costs so much energy, that it makes vorpal blade somewhat useless when you need to feint more constantly than what you can do with vorpal blade. Making shadow dash useless in team fights where you can't peel off the enemy from your carries because of the energy cost even though the ability can be used.
(People often argue that if energy is a problem then get energy runes, or golem buff)
Either way his shadow dash (does) indeed give him a small energy refund when it hits a target champion. But it would also be helpful if maybe Shen's feint or vorpal blade gave an energy refund as well to help so you can taunt in team fights when you need to.

Likely I would want Feint to get a buff to help give energy refunds (maybe the buff can include only gaining energy refund if the shield(ed) damage is done, or the remaining shield fades off without taking any more damage and the left over shield gives energy back since it was not used.)

Shen's damage is not a problem at all, the real problem is the energy cost of shadow dash, I would like shadow dash to cost less energy so I can use it when I need it since it isn't on cooldown, it jsut sucks that you can't use it when you don't got the energy.

I hate the argument against this fact that it costs a lot of energy, thinking the argument wins just by telling you to get energy runes or a blue buff, when the fact still remains that the energy cost is still massive. Energy runes or blue buff will still not win this argument because of the fact that the ability still cannot be used when you don't have the energy to use it even though it's clearly NOT on cool down.

WCsharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rindon Calsar View Post
The problem with the longer range was that he was using it to either A) escape from being killed or B) (because of his higher dmg at the time) using it to chase and get kills.
MFW when this is in fact what I do :3

higherbrow

06-28-2011

Please don't rebuff Shen. He sucks the fun out of the game.

ZigZagJoe

06-28-2011

Shen can't be rebuffed until global ults are reworked. When that happens....

His ki strike should be reverted. Make the total hp % scale based on level threshold like most other innates.

His Q could be buffed by making it apply ki strike or a longer range.

His W could be buffed by making it scale in some way that he would be likely to build in the first place (ie hp and/or resists) or adding a secondary effect to it. Or, make it targetable to help teammates.

His E is fine.

His ult needs more hp at level 1. Maybe 75 or so.

WCsharp

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by higherbrow View Post
Please don't rebuff Shen. He sucks the fun out of the game.
can't tell if serious...