NESL Hiring Admins for League of Legends

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehG00SE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

06-28-2011

Hello all,

Some of you may know me as the +m guy in quake net IRC #esl.lol and #nesl.lol during our Streamed Events. Some of you may not, that's probably best. I'd like to take a moment to reach out to you guys (I has gloves) in hopes of gaining some reliable additions to our League of Legend Admin Team. Where as most of this is going to be a fancy Copy/Paste job from our website, myself and other admins will continue the topic to answer any questions you may have about joining the team.

As you may or may not have heard over the last several months (or 5 seconds ago because I just stated it up there ^ ^ ^) we at NESL are actively looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated responsible individuals to join our League of Legends Admin Team. Whether you're a new player or long time veteran you can help make a difference in the LoL competitive community.

What do I get?

To be honest, if you are looking to admin for the sole purpose of getting something in return then I appreciate you interest in reading this topic, but this is not the position for you. However, if you are looking to volunteer your time to help improve the National ESL and the competitive community than this is in fact the job for you! The vast majority of the NESL Admin team are only rewarded simply with Premium accounts and the knowledge that they are doing something positive for their community.....and who doesn't want to work along side ME?!

What do I do?

  • -Making things happen during Cups and other Tournaments- Running ladders, leagues or cups, you are directly involved in making things happen for your game. This involves contacting team captains, helping to kick off Picks/Bans in IRC and Directing communications between Teams and Casters.
  • -Supporting users - We do our best to make the site as easy to use as possible but it is by no means perfect and even our oldest users sometimes need a helping hand. Above all your duty is to help users as much as you can. This can be as simple as doing tickets and as far as answering in game query from players looking for ladder assistance.
  • -Solving protests - In a competitive environment there will always be problems between users that need solving by a fair and unbiased individual. This is one of the most difficult tasks an admin does on a daily basis but can also be one of the most satisfying when all sides agree on the outcome....WHEN all sides agree on the outcome :-p
  • -Processing league joins - It's not the most interesting task, but it is one of the most important as a means of maintaining the quality of our ladders, leagues and cups and all it takes is a few minutes a day.
  • -And More! - There are many other task that you can do while being an admin with NESL. It is by far the best way to get your ideas heard. Many of our fight-nights are ideas brought up by a new Admins as they joined the team. You will also get the chance to run special Competitions like the Major Series, Masters, WC3L. Task may also include writing news, creating graphics, catching cheaters and working with new Admins yourself. All in all if you are willing to do it, you can do it in time...and did I mention you get to work with me?!

Our requirements:

  • -Must be AT LEAST 18 years of age. (NO EXCEPTIONS) (THIS MEANS 17.9 IS STILL A NO) =)
  • -A good knowledge of the English language. (Even if it isn't your first language.)
  • -A good knowledge of the game and scene. This doesn't mean you have to be a master of all things LoL but an understanding of the game in general.
  • -A sense of responsibility, reliability, and flexibility. Seeing as being an Admin is a Volunteer position, these 3 traits are very important.
  • -Neutrality and objectivity in decision making. Things can get chaotic at times and as an Admin you need to remain Objective and Neutral despite what either team may want.
  • -Understanding the nature of conflicts and being able to resolve them. As we all know, 99.99% of competitive online games is easy going, peaceful, drama free game play where everyone gets along and agrees ALWAYS (:trololol . However, in that off-chance 0.01% chance there is a conflict you need to be able to solve it, or at least find middle ground for both teams to reside on.
  • -And most importantly: The ability to work in a dynamic team. As Admins we all work together for a common goal: to move both NESL and LoL forward in competitive gaming.
Only thing left to do now is Apply!

If you still have any questions please ask them. Myself and other Admins will be happy to answer.


Take your time when creating the Application to its fullest potential. "My name is Billy and I really really really want to admin because its cool and I want to help" Is neat and all, but we would like to know a bit more about you and why you qualify. If you cant take the time to make a good application, you probably don't have the time to be a good admin.

Thank you all that have read this far! Look forward to seeing your apps!


-Richard "TehG00SE" Benoit
National ESL LoL Admin Team


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orcasm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

The Council

06-28-2011

If you show that you can read all of this, then you are more than capable of helping us admin already.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehG00SE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

06-28-2011

lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

stormLP

Junior Member

06-29-2011

matt's funny HAHAH


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NESL NightRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-29-2011

Well, getting latrine duty is not very fun, but all in all, there are worse jobs. I guess...

Go sign up!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khato

Junior Member

06-29-2011

I've signed up! I hope to hear from you guys soon, i'm excited about this oppurtunity.

EDIT: how will you guys be getting in touch with those who apply?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tazt

Member

06-29-2011

If you sign up and are lucky enough to become an admin can you still compete in the ladders?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TehG00SE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

06-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptaaaa View Post
I've signed up! I hope to hear from you guys soon, i'm excited about this oppurtunity.

EDIT: how will you guys be getting in touch with those who apply?
You will receive and E-mail response. (to the e-mail you have registered with NESL)


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tazt View Post
If you sign up and are lucky enough to become an admin can you still compete in the ladders?
Yes, you just can't Admin your own matches. (Obviously)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gfmidway

The Council

06-30-2011

The heart of the action!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Khato

Junior Member

06-30-2011

Thanks for clarifying, sounds good looking forward to hearing back.


12