Leona Mechanics Preview

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jinasis

06-29-2011

Fem-Shen feel approved. Definitely sounds potent.

NinjaCÅT

06-29-2011

PLZ not another 6300
do something like 2278

Rustyemo

06-29-2011

im in love :3

I Jimmah I

06-29-2011

NO HEAL!? >: o, fine i'll keep using taric....

Orin Dak

06-29-2011

Some of the wording in her mechanics preview seems a little ambiguous. In a game where a three second stun is a "long stun" how long is her "low-duration" stun from her skill shot gap-closer? One second or so?

Also, what does "regular single-target stuns" mean? Another low-cool down stun? Stun happy champions always make me a little hesitant to believe they are a good idea.

I am a little confused as to her defensive stance move. It seems to me that a move that makes her go into a damage reducing state that allows her to unleash that damage back at other players does not make for an attractive target. If anything that should make her a very undesirable target. Also, how much is a "big chunk of damage?" A tank that can stun frequently and unleash lots of area of effect burst dps does not exactly seem balanced for what you would expect from the role.

It sounds like this champion will be banned in rank games and, depending on its burst capabilities, nerfed later after release. There have been times in the past where many existing tanks got their damage capabilities nerfed because it was too high for a tank. Heavy, strong dps seems to be something that continues to crop up in patch notes as a continuing problem and I fear that she has the potential to be there too.

BobbyBagODonuts

06-29-2011

This champion sounds just utterly amazing but I have had ideas in the past for other champions in the making that I would love for you to consider.

1. There are only a few champions with a "turret" ability. Heim's turret, Shacos attacking doll. I always thought that would make a great Ult. Give it to a new champ (support of course) but give the turret higher HP and Def. (I mean, its an Ult. Gotta be stronger than a normal spell, right?) Also, as an added effect, make them able to place the turret anywhere on the map so that the new champ has an assist ability similar to Gangplanks ult.

2. I like Zhonas Hourglass, maybe for another champ ability (or ult) it could have that added effect. (Just the untargetable/invulnerable effect, not the armor/AP)

3. Maybe another champion with a taunt. Rammy and Shen get singled out in ranked games because of that so maybe we could take the heat off of them for a little while? lol

Thats it really, I mean I have tons other ideas that I just cant think of right now but I hope this is the right way to tell you and I also hope that these ideas can get put to use. I would be really honored if they were.

- BobbyBagODonuts

Foxtrotsmurf

06-29-2011

hmmmm sounds EXACTLY like amumu.....

Shadoken

06-29-2011

Nooooooooooooooooooooo She's going to be 6,3k ;_;

I'll save for her though <3

Ruthless Sophie

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyAK47 View Post
Cool champion and everything sounds good about her.
But there are other requests for other types of champions like, male ranged dps.
So where can we put such requests? That is what I'd really like Riot to make.
Ezreal and Twisted fate don't count?

Zelossage

06-29-2011

leona=i want her now!!!!!!!