[@Riot:] Reporting players gives frequent backlash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

biomorph

06-28-2011

Hi Riots,

So I decided to be the good community member and do my duty to report undesirables.
However it seems to be the worst thing I could do for my self and here is why:
I noticed that you can not report someone too often since the report option is grayed out when you meet that person again. But the ironic thing is that every time I encounter someone I reported they end up on MY team ... I report because I have a strong desire not to encounter those individuals again!!
Just for the heck of it I started checking the report menu every time I ended a game and sure enough every time I see a grayed out report option it is 9/10 times on MY team rather than the enemy team.

So given that factual observation I find little reason to report if all it does is increase the odds of them ruining my game AGAIN!

Please make reporting beneficial for the victims!

Serpicos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

It would be nice if you couldn't be paired with people you reported and visa versa. If they reported me I probably don't want to be in another game with them.

Zero THM

06-28-2011

you can.

click their icon in the post game. Click ignore player. you will NOT be paired with them again.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
you can.

click their icon in the post game. Click ignore player. you will NOT be paired with them again.
No. It has been posted again and again: ignore does not affect team placements. I have played with a lot of people who were already ignored by me in past. And i see it happen often in streams.

Darmon

06-28-2011

Sounds like another grievance with matchmaking. Maybe theres another more appropriate forum that the mods will actually read your suggestion.