Reporting for being "Unskilled"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TankGrrl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

After reporting a griefer a few nights ago, I saw a choice on the drop-down menu that confused and unnerved me a bit. Maybe I'm overthinking this, but can you really report someone for being kinda bad at the game? Does a report for being "unskilled" mean that they play like a complete boob, and towerdive, launch into 1v4, and the like? Or could it simply be used to report a person who ended up in a high elo game via circumstances. (IE Queuing with a friend)

What do you personally consider "Unskilled player" that doesn't fit into the "Griefing" categories?

Zero THM

06-28-2011

I believe it's more of an elo adjustment thing than an actually offense. If enough players vote them "unskilled" then they will probably be matched with players that have also been voted "unskilled"

Sjondrico

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero THM View Post
I believe it's more of an elo adjustment thing than an actually offense. If enough players vote them "unskilled" then they will probably be matched with players that have also been voted "unskilled"
you believed right . Reporting for unskilled player does indeed lower the hiddin ELO of that certain player, they will not appear in the tribunal and nothing else will happen.

Aametherar

06-28-2011

Red quote please.

Cpt Special

06-28-2011

Agree, I would like riot confirmation on what this does if anything.

NightfirePhoenix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

it's something i'd also like officially confirmed, a friends theory is that it's a trap for people that report them, the mods will look at their behavior instead, however i think the lower ELO explanation sounds more plausible.

SnafuFubar

06-28-2011

Its been confirmed by Riot multiple times in the past that it is just for matchmaking and no one will ever get banned or in any kind of trouble for being reported for unskilled. Also if you have been doing Tribunal since the start you will know you never see any unskilled reports in cases.

Twilight Spark

06-28-2011

It is

A) An ELO Matchmaking improvement device. Or rather, gathers data for it...
B) Helps keep stupid reports from making it in here, because you never get Tribunal'd for low skill.

Darmon

06-28-2011

Reporting for that basically just drops their ELO. The Tribunal never sees cases where people are mostly reported for being unskilled. Basically, if a person is really bad, but its not a result of intentional griefing or attitude problems, then maybe they really are just playing above their level. In which case, dropping them down to a point where they can be competitive would actually be helping them and their future teams out.