sry.. but what kind of support is this!!!??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cricket n Bucket

09-11-2011

This thread...

Thank you for you answer Jozrael... but it really gave me NOTHING to work with..

Answered me with nothing and closed the thread... so.. i opened a new one..

please elaborate on your reply "Necroooo :P." to my question...

please...

closed thread URL:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=37119

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

09-11-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I close necros of threads that I posted in a year before I became a red . I did not have any firsthand knowledge at that time.

I unfortunately still don't have any information on this - I know we want to do this at some point in the future and that it's not in our short-term plans. Sorry that I don't have more information for you

Mephew

09-11-2011

some point

Lord Imrhial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-11-2011

You know can probably just parse the page... Run the client PvP.net on a solo machine and just pull data from it. However it would be down/non-functioning during updates and other server downtimes.

EDIT: I just read that post that was closed and what Jozrael mentioned is the most likely scenario, a text-based web page holding all the stats.
Most games do that, and then the fansites or other tools just parse the data from that. Chances are RIOT will do that, since it makes fansites become more useable and popular, and thus the game itself. It's like a symbiotic relationship, :P

Cricket n Bucket

09-12-2011

Thank you Lord Imrhial. Any sort of retrievable stats that can be parsed to external sites would be fantastic. And it would give a much more livelike community if you could list stats in your own sites and such!

Any idea how to retrieve from the client? i'd take it that it's actually html based, so.. the information must be retrievable.. ?? am I wrong?