So, get reported in 87 games, get a single week ban ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS186afbf367d955

06-28-2011

Hello Riot,
I'm talking about this guy (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...2#post10603052). I'm pretty surprised that even if he has been reported in 87 different games and probably made the game experience less than optimal for 780 (!!) people at the end of the road he only gets a single ban week. I don't want to perma ban everyone and I definitely think warnings and light bans should be used but I think repeated offenders (87 games..) should receive heavy penalties to send them a strong message that it's not ok and give them a good reason not to start again (a one week ban isn't a big deal at all, even for a 'lol addict' to be honest).

Also if you need to be reported in 87 games before receiving your first warning / temp ban I think there is a problem somewhere.. I hope those games aren't from the tribunal era (but with 87 games, he should have been warned even before the tribunal was released imo).

I hope to have the opinion of a Riot employee on this matter. Thanks.

Aametherar

06-28-2011

That player played over 3,000 games, that's what 2.9% of his games possibly over years, where the other 97.1% of games he may have been courteous and helpful to his entire team? Chill out and quit raging against the ragers. That means out of 100 games on average he's raged 2-3 times over some reason likely regarding a team being really dumb/trolling them. One week is more than enough time for them to think about how they affect other players and maybe get them to chill out a bit more, much like you need to regarding them.

Out of 100 games how many times do you get guys totally trolling you? Honestly <3% does not deserve some sort of extreme punishment. Next time check their # of games before making a thread like this. Also yes that's their lifetime record that riot quoted which includes all 3,000 or so of their games many of which they were likely provoked in giving the low % of offenses.*

I'd be willing to bet 1,000 IP your record looks worse than theirs in regards to % of games offended (you know, assuming you'd post on your main).

*Disclaimer: Obviously I don't know that that's true in a minority or majority of their cases, only that it's very likely in at least some of them. But you also don't know the details behind those reports. If you use the tribunal you will also notice even guilty players generally have a few false reports amongst the legitimate ones, maybe 25%, I didn't even bother considering that in this post though.

Dreampod

06-28-2011

While I agree with you overall Aametherar you are probably mistaken on the details.

The tribunal is not handling all reports ever but only those from about 2 months before the Tribunal started, probably when they configured the report system to feed into the Tribunal database. That means in the last 3 months he received reports in 87 games. Assuming those 3000 games are even spread since the games release and giving him the absolute maximum credit for the period it occured over you are looking at 87 out of (at most) 450 - or 20% of all his games which casts things in a different light.

Also did you read the report quotes Jeff Jew provided - that isn't raging at a bad team but pure childish petulance and unnecessary aggression.

Aametherar

06-28-2011

lol, it was his full record on file and had nothing to do with the tribunal.