Support Soraka w/ a good harasser/good killer (Vayne, GP, Veigar, Yi, etc.)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xentorx

06-29-2011

bump

Xentorx

06-30-2011

bump

Recnik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Thanks for the bumps, 2.2k views already and going ^_^

Recnik

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-04-2011

Shame on me for bumping my own thread, but I'd like to get 2.5k views before I get up tomorrow morning.

So, bumppp.

iP1ayJarvan

07-04-2011

1 tip: put this up on leaguecraft/mobafire, and use their functions. people dont like hunting for guides in these forums coz its messy, in leaguecraft they can just click on soraka and tab to Guides, and the functions for icons like runes, skills etc are more reader friendly. it will take time but you'll probably get more viewers.

Recnik

07-10-2011

Added mobafire link, bump for more views on that.

Recnik

07-20-2011

Changed Title. Mobafire link underviewed. Tell your friends.

Jairoe

07-20-2011

Looking at the mobafire guide and a few questions. If you are going to go Faerie charm, ward then Boots of Speed in that order, why not just start off with Boots of Speed + Ward, its a bigger item with a better advantage and I see you spoke about autoattack harrassing which is definitely easy to do with Soraka and boots given the matchup. The Faerie Charm seems to not give that much of a mana regen and I would figure you would want to create the biggest advantage as possible as early as possible.

Regarding my favorite spell Infuse, the Silence I don't think should just be limited to Nunu/Katarina ults and anything similar but really the best option available at any team fight since you are stuck making that choice, Do I mana the teammate or Silence a person? Almsot 80% of your teamfights should involve you choosing silence over the mana, but I want to make sure that was covered since you can only do 1 or the other at any moment and the CD isn't exactly the shortest in regards to fights.

My next qualm is with your playstyle not quite matching the tree or you could do better more like. If you are going to be a somewhat aggressive late game Soraka, why forgo the amazing 15% magic pen for like 9 points just to get a little extra m. resist and armor which you can easily acquire through items?

Finally, if you want to play an aggressive support champion isn't there a better option other than Soraka? Nidalee, Morgana and Lux possess a good amount of damage on top of a shield/heal. Soraka has just not anywhere close to enough damage potential to be a reliable nuker especially late game. All that AP imo appears wasted when you could grab the heavier support items like Reverie, Omen's, Frozen Heart, any other aura buff that can save your friend's some money or room for more direct damage items. I never needed any AP and my heals were just fine even in late game.

There's also a reason why the pro's also do that as opposed to grabbing AP. There's far more benefit for you as a support to fully support team because your teammates should be the one carrying the big nukes and heavy weaponry. Your build possesses very minimal CDR and mana regen which will also hurt you late game when a support champion should be built to last and help your team last and the heavy AP items just wouldn't do that. Sure you'll have big heals but you'll also run out of gas much quicker, in regards to both your health and mana. The GA is totally only for squishy carries and Soraka generally with my item builds is far from squishy late game.