Why I dislike the tribunal

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hurricanos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-27-2011

I dislike the Tribunal because the FAQ of the tribunal lied to me. Riot seems to give us the short stick on IP all the time and this is no different. When the IP changes were made to the game they announced that they would take a look at it and decide what to do. There was never another word said by a rioter about the current IP system and I'm sure everyone who was a part of this game before the IP nerf still is a little frustrated about it.

Quote:
9. Can I expect a reward for assisting the Tribunal?
Yes! If your recommendation matches the final verdict, you will receive a reward in the form of Influence Points (an indeterminate amount, but likely comparable to that gained by a few hours of gameplay) for your civil service. However, if you vote on a case, and the majority disagrees with your assessment, you’ll receive no rewards. The system is designed in this manner in order to create an incentive for Tribunal members to render thoughtful, intelligent decisions on each and every case that they evaluate.

We will also be taking into account the frequency with which a Tribunal member votes against the majority in order to weed out those players who are either voting excessively erratically, out of touch with the general will of the community, or deliberately attempting to disrupt consensus.
This implies that a SINGLE RECOMMENDATION would give us a reward equivalent to a few hours of gameplay. A few hours of gameplay is going to net you roughly 200-400 IP. How much do we get for each tribunal case? 5 IP.

Riot, if you are going to tell us we are going to get an awesome amount of IP then give us a small amount you could at least go back to the Tribunal FAQ and change it so it says that we will get 5 IP per case.

I don't know about the rest of the community but when I sit down to do a case I generally review each individual game for about 2 minutes looking through the chat log. If a single case has 10 games then that is 20 minutes that I spent getting a verdict on this player for a whole 5 IP or roughly 2 minutes worth of gameplay.

So this is my issue with the tribunal. Riot CLEARLY states that it would likely be worth a few hours for a single recommendation that matches the verdict. In reality it is worth 2 minutes of my gameplay.

I love the game and I want to see less and less trolls...but I feel less inclined when I know that Riot is giving me the short end of the stick every time.

tl;dr?

Riot needs to reword their faq so it is not misleading and making people think they will get a good reward for the tribunal when in reality each case is only worth about 2 minutes of playing time.

Nekrocow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-28-2011

10 cases done right = 50 ip. If you take 2 minutes for each case, you can win 2.5 IP per minute. That's 150 IP in an hour, which is around +50% more than the normal IP gained for winning a game (not taking into account the First win of the day boost). Also, you get even less if you lost the game (and you don't get the FWotD boost)

Check this: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1&d=1298081115

Hurricanos

Recruiter

06-28-2011

My point was that it says a single recommendation. I am recommending to riot a rewording of their FAQ so as not to confuse people.

Dreampod

06-28-2011

Come on.

They may have improperly phrased it but no one is actually stupid enough to think that they should be getting hundreds of IP for 2-5 minutes of mild effort. At that point actually playing the game would be a profoundly bad way of earning IP which is completely nonsensical.

Nekrocow

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanos View Post
My point was that it says a single recommendation. I am recommending to riot a rewording of their FAQ so as not to confuse people.
Mmmm yes, it is a good idea. It should say "recommendations" and "veredicts"

Malachi Nnelg

06-28-2011

it is comparable, you spend like 1 minute on a case and get 5 IP, you don't often get that much IP per minute per gameplay