Intentionally Prolonging a Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DJ Radix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

So two sides to this issue. I ran into a game like this, and I don't know if it's punishable or not. I doubt it comes up very often.

1) On my team, we had 3 trolls working together to make us lose, while refusing to surrender. They would feed, they would afk, they would stand around in jungle doing nothing--moving occasionally to avoid getting hit by the leave buster. And of course masking their activities in chat. We couldn't surrender the match because they just kept voting no.

2) The enemy team realized this was happening and were very fed. They could win at any time just by pushing. Yet even after scoring aces, they would retreat and farm more--prolonging the game even further while we couldn't surrender. The game ended up lasted 45 minutes when it should have lasted 20.

We couldn't surrender, and we couldn't even stop playing or else we'd get ourselves in trouble for being leavers. So we had to sit there trying to win a 2 v 5 while the enemy team gloated in all-chat and farmed.

I reported them for Negative Attitude... but I doubt that they'll actually get in any trouble for it. So just asking what do you guys think?

inb4 more trolls... ugh.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

I think in the report function you should have a check box to have the option of including random 5 minute clips of gameplay.

DJ Radix

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cupiter View Post
I think in the report function you should have a check box to have the option of including random 5 minute clips of gameplay.
Yeah that would be nice.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

It's a passive form of trolling, forcing players to waste time in an irreversibly lost game. It's quite common in my experiences, tbh... I just surf the web when it happens, and stay at base clicking around until it's all over. They won't get the best of me, that's for sure!

DJ Radix

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
It's a passive form of trolling, forcing players to waste time in an irreversibly lost game. It's quite common in my experiences, tbh... I just surf the web when it happens, and stay at base clicking around until it's all over. They won't get the best of me, that's for sure!
But then you get reported for afk, and your dmg / second, level, etc., will support the claim...

Dreampod

06-27-2011

That sucks. Unfortunately until the game gets replays there is little the tribunal can do to deal with this sort of behaviour. Really the only hope is for the enemy team to say what they are doing in chat.

DJ Radix

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
That sucks. Unfortunately until the game gets replays there is little the tribunal can do to deal with this sort of behaviour. Really the only hope is for the enemy team to say what they are doing in chat.
And again what are we supposed to do about the game at the time we're stuck in it? Are we really supposed to sit there trying to play when it's impossible to win? Is that the only way to avoid getting in trouble as the victim in the situation?

Dreampod

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaytalis View Post
And again what are we supposed to do about the game at the time we're stuck in it? Are we really supposed to sit there trying to play when it's impossible to win? Is that the only way to avoid getting in trouble as the victim in the situation?
I usually try to develop my skills since I'm stuck in there anyway. I'll do fast lane clears and then retreat to avoid getting ganked, practice defensive harassment, and things like that. Basically it sucks but it is a pretty darn rare occurence so you can just suffer through it.

Purrity

06-27-2011

Quote:
1) On my team, we had 3 trolls working together to make us lose, while refusing to surrender. They would feed, they would afk, they would stand around in jungle doing nothing--moving occasionally to avoid getting hit by the leave buster. And of course masking their activities in chat. We couldn't surrender the match because they just kept voting no.
Masking their activities in chat as in actually playing

Quote:
I reported them for Negative Attitude... but I doubt that they'll actually get in any trouble for it.
Anybody whos name is thrown into the system eventually gets banned

Aametherar

06-27-2011

Your teammates are the offenders not the opposing team. All you can do is keep trying til it finally ends then report your team and hope the enemy does the same. There's no real way to prove they're trying to prolong the game, and any team regardless of how bad can turtle an ace and turn a game around if it lasts long enough and everyone reaches full builds. Point being again, your team had the real offenders.