Hesitation to buy RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Don Kobra

06-27-2011

I'd auto-punish PeepsSayIsuck if I saw him in Tribunal

and I bet those high school drop-outs Riot hires will do the same when they send you a nice fat ban.

Just quit picking ******ed names. They suck and make you look bad.

rhythmofpwn

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kobra View Post

and I bet those high school drop-outs Riot hires will do the same when they send you a nice fat ban.

harsh post... im pissed at tribunal but im not that pissed lol

Dreampod

06-27-2011

I appreciate that you understand what I was trying to say and absolutely agree that more information will result in better judgements. Seriously though, send Riot support an email and ask them for more info (and possibly a name change). They are really good people there who genuinely want to help.

Tayarayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weirdomage View Post
I got a warning about 3 weeks ago for harassment and verbal abuse on the tribunal. I generally do very well in all my games, so never get reported for that type of thing, and rarely if ever dc or leave. I think i have maybe 3-5 leaves total in the last year playing LoL, and maybe 10 dc's.

Generally, I am pretty nice to people, but I always try my best to do well in games and don't like losing ranked games because of 1 idiot troll. Generally that troll feeds then trolls which enrages me and I talk some smack to them. This is what I imagine that I was reported by.

My question is, because I have no intention on halting this sort of behavior, which is not very severe nor common, what are my chances of being banned in the future?

Does the riot staff reviewing cases take into account the severity of harassment and correlate that directly to the severity of the punishment, or is it merely based upon the number of times you have been reviewed?

Also, how does it play out for someone who maybe gets ticked in 1/20 games and insults a troll?

Basically, I want a new skin, and am hesitant to buy it because I don't know just quite how carebear riot's rules regarding harassment and punishment are.
I am with you on this. I have only been playing the game for about 5-6 weeks. I am level 30 and have spent $190 already on my account and my friends. Within the first few days of me playing. I assisted in a kill with Cait and a sniper shot, just getting the player before they entered thier base. MY team mate raged and threatened to report me for a "KS" , he had 2 friends in that game with him and stated they would all report me and I would get banned.

Since then I have played over 300 games and I read the forums constantly. I have come to the conclusion that I will probably lose my cash and time invested in this account as so many people rage and report for any little thing. I see so many player begging to report someone for intentional feeding for just a few deaths, for calling someone a noob, or just because they got wrecked by someone else. And for leaving... I thought LeaverBuster was meant for that, so why report someone for leaving?

It seems to me, that with the current setup and system it is inevitable for even the nicest of players to eventually get sent to the tribunal. Mathmatically, the more games you play the more times some kid or butthurt inidividual is going to report you. And the more games you play the more times it will go to tribunal and somewhere in there those same type of people are going to spam punish and move on.

I hope it never happens to me. Or anyone else for that matter. I know I tribunal very cautiously because I actually care for my community, but we all know not eveyrone feels that way.

HellsThunder

06-27-2011

Quote:
I got a warning about 3 weeks ago for harassment and verbal abuse on the tribunal. I generally do very well in all my games, so never get reported for that type of thing, and rarely if ever dc or leave. I think i have maybe 3-5 leaves total in the last year playing LoL, and maybe 10 dc's.

Generally, I am pretty nice to people, but I always try my best to do well in games and don't like losing ranked games because of 1 idiot troll. Generally that troll feeds then trolls which enrages me and I talk some smack to them. This is what I imagine that I was reported by.

My question is, because I have no intention on halting this sort of behavior, which is not very severe nor common, what are my chances of being banned in the future?

Does the riot staff reviewing cases take into account the severity of harassment and correlate that directly to the severity of the punishment, or is it merely based upon the number of times you have been reviewed?

Also, how does it play out for someone who maybe gets ticked in 1/20 games and insults a troll?

Basically, I want a new skin, and am hesitant to buy it because I don't know just quite how carebear riot's rules regarding harassment and punishment are.
I'm worried about the same thing, and I've probably spent more than you, somewhere between $250-$300 all told.

rhythmofpwn

06-27-2011

"I hope it never happens to me. Or anyone else for that matter. I know I tribunal very cautiously because I actually care for my community, but we all know not eveyrone feels that way."

sucky part is that it is happening jwing when riot will actually start to care that some bans being given out r unfair /biased through tribunal =/

Ogaflow

06-27-2011

These are some of the reasons I now hit /ignore all at the start of most games. I just don't care to have conversations with the enemy team or even my own team in solo queue because 9 out of 10 times it results in a troll attempted to bait me into saying something that they can report me for. Hell I have been reported for not communicating with a troll one game..... He just started calling me bad and worthless and when I didn't respond to his taunts he just said lol doesn't matter if you don't talk back they have a report button for that too. I am not saying the Tribunal is useless because it isn't, but I wish Riot would seed some fake cases into the mix to weed out all the players who just auto punish. It would greatly reduce the number of cases that go to Tribunal for stupid reasons that go punished when they obviously shouldn't.

Purrity

06-27-2011

Quote:

When you talk, eventually youll be banned. I cut off all real world cash flow into my account until I see how many more times my account will be banned from old reports.

Kaedan

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kobra View Post

Well luckily you can't, since I believe you've said you've been banned, right?

Juzt

06-27-2011

Dont waste money on RP its not worth it.

What if you get banned?Is it right to take away your right to spend your money when or where you want it?

If anything make a vote poll thread