Hesitation to buy RP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weirdomage

06-27-2011

I got a warning about 3 weeks ago for harassment and verbal abuse on the tribunal. I generally do very well in all my games, so never get reported for that type of thing, and rarely if ever dc or leave. I think i have maybe 3-5 leaves total in the last year playing LoL, and maybe 10 dc's.

Generally, I am pretty nice to people, but I always try my best to do well in games and don't like losing ranked games because of 1 idiot troll. Generally that troll feeds then trolls which enrages me and I talk some smack to them. This is what I imagine that I was reported by.

My question is, because I have no intention on halting this sort of behavior, which is not very severe nor common, what are my chances of being banned in the future?

Does the riot staff reviewing cases take into account the severity of harassment and correlate that directly to the severity of the punishment, or is it merely based upon the number of times you have been reviewed?

Also, how does it play out for someone who maybe gets ticked in 1/20 games and insults a troll?

Basically, I want a new skin, and am hesitant to buy it because I don't know just quite how carebear riot's rules regarding harassment and punishment are.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

Your chances are great due to the automated nature of the Tribunal combined with the potential for ill-willed abusers to insta-click punish on you.

I seriously doubt Riot reviews enough cases to warrant me telling you otherwise. Unless you're an extreme case, they more than likely won't review your insta-punished case..

It's your gamble if you invest your money, only to wind up losing it all to some IP-farming passive-abusive Tribunal trolls.

/Trollbunal

Dreampod

06-27-2011

First just ignore anything Zeus says because he is an anti-Tribunal forum troll.

That said, if you continue to perform the same behaviour that got you warned for in the past you are likely to continue getting refered to the tribunal. If you continue to get legitimately (which from the sounds of it you are) refered to the tribunal, you are likely to receive future punishments. Those will probably first be a temporary ban and potentially eventually a permanent ban if you continue to abuse other players.

Riot staff does review cases that receive serious punishments but generally they have indicated that ruining a large number of players experience to a lesser degree does not avoid punishment, but won't be as quickly or severely punished as serious offenses. However ongoing semi-serious offenses will eventually get big punishments because you are still making the game highly unpleasent for many other players.

I would suggest that rather than trying to determine whether you are eventually going to get banned for being extremely unpleasent you look at reforming your behaviour.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

In other words... puppy dogs and ice cream. Don't say "noob", or *KA-BANNED!*

BangsFatties4Elo

06-27-2011

I'm totally in the same boat as the OP.

I'd like to buy a few skins, but in light of a warning I got the other day, for reasons I still don't understand, I'm holding off my purchase. This is too bad, because I really like Union Jack Fiddle.

In the interest of full disclosure, while I *never* initiate infighting within teams, I will bicker with whiners. You tell me I suck, I then ask what you want me to do; spend the whole game telling me I suck without providing any help, I'll beg the enemies to finish the game. My language is never racist, and generally clean - the only rare exceptions occur when I'm apologizing to my team, ie, "f*** it, I messed up, sorry"

Oh, did I mention I suck at this game? Some people have stated in this forum that they judge intentions my K/D ratio alone, nevermind assists, total damage, tower kills, healing, etc. I really hope my Zil and Soraka games aren't reported. Yikes!

That's it, and I got a warning. Am I on the ban train? Time will tell.

Edit: Syntax

Olera144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
In other words... puppy dogs and ice cream. Don't say "noob", or *KA-BANNED!*
saying noob once or a few times is not what gets you banned. Having every other thing you say contain the word noob, and you never shut up? That could get you in the tribunal. Saying harsher things than this repeatedly in multiple games? That WILL get you into the tribunal.

As Dreampod said though if you know what you're doing wrong according to Riot and have no intention of changing it I think you should consider whether or not you want to put money into the game. Riot has already informed you that what you're doing isn't acceptable to them. It's safe to say that if you continue to do it there is likely going to be further action.

Dreampod

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeepsSayISuck View Post
I'm totally in the same boat as the OP.

I'd like to buy a few skins, but in light of a warning I got the other day, for reasons I still don't understand, I'm holding off my purchase. This is too bad, because I really like Union Jack Fiddle.

In the interest of full disclosure, while I *never* initiate infighting within teams, I will bicker with whiners. You tell me I suck, I then ask what you want me to do; spend the whole game telling me I suck without providing any help, I'll beg the enemies to finish the game. My language is never racist, and generally clean - the only rare exceptions occur when I'm apologizing to my team, ie, "f*** it, I messed up, sorry"

Oh, did I mention I suck at this game? Some people have stated in this forum that they judge intentions my K/D ratio alone, nevermind assists, total damage, tower kills, healing, etc. I really hope my Zil and Soraka games aren't reported. Yikes!

That's it, and I got a warning. Am I on the ban train? Time will tell.

Edit: Syntax
Assuming you are providing an accurate description of your behaviour, you probably aren't going to receive bans. On the other hand you did get a warning.

I would suggest writing a nice polite letter to Riot Support saying basically the things you did here and making it clear that you aren't trying to argue or justify whatever you did but want to know what it was in order to avoid it in the future.

My personal guess is that you probably got reported for bad games as a feeder because your name is suggestive of an intentional troll combined with poor play. I would strongly consider asking Riot for a name change (because it makes you look guilty on the Tribunal) or paying for one yourself.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Assuming you are providing an accurate description of your behaviour, you probably aren't going to receive bans. On the other hand you did get a warning.

I would suggest writing a nice polite letter to Riot Support saying basically the things you did here and making it clear that you aren't trying to argue or justify whatever you did but want to know what it was in order to avoid it in the future.

My personal guess is that you probably got reported for bad games as a feeder because your name is suggestive of an intentional troll combined with poor play. I would strongly consider asking Riot for a name change (because it makes you look guilty on the Tribunal) or paying for one yourself.
How is his name offensive in any way? Is it inappropriate in any way? I mean even a 13 year old says "you suck" to each other. I'm sure even their parents don't think anything of the phrase. You're overly-sensitive, and I fear the worst for those whom you come across on the Tribunal... because your attitude just SCREAMS "IWANNABANUNAO!".

rhythmofpwn

06-27-2011

zeus is 100% correct i auto punished 100 cases after my friend got tribunaled due to me just raging and 96 of those cases were punished i posted screenies of this the other day but no1 cared every1 auto punishes cus they want the ip and most people do get banned for a bit off tribunal

in other words if u say the "F" word once in a game then GG REPORTED BYE BYE 1 WEEK BAN HAVE FUN

BangsFatties4Elo

06-27-2011

@Dreampod:

Ugh... I have this name because I don't take myself too seriously.

That and "JustinBieberFanNumberOne" isn't available.

If more information was available to review on the Tribune, like total damage, tower kills, etc, relative to the overall team performance, it would be clear that I'm not trying to screw around and feed kills... except to the people who evaluate solely on K/D ratios... then what? I've seen players worse than me get seriously flamed and reported without proper reason, so a name change alone isn't going to do it.

Edit: Zeus, I think Dreampod was suggesting that people would interpret my name to mean that I held the intention of being a troll/feeder and not that it is necessarily offensive.