Between a Poor Matchmaking System and Trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diamondragan

06-27-2011

I give up. It's not fun to play. I get frustrated constantly with how stupid and static people are about the game.

Spell Vamp on Melee AD? Trolled.
Low KDA? Trolled.
Pushing a lane while your team (who decides to step away from the turret) gets all killed in another lane? Trolled.
Didn't save that guy? Trolled.
Not enough mana? Trolled.
Die to a gank? Trolled.
Get angry that your teammate won't stop spam pinging the map? Trolled.
Use an unusual build? Trolled.
Win with an unusual build? Trolled.
Lose with an unusual build? Trolled.
Ask them to stop trolling? Trolled.
Point out a serious flaw in play style? Trolled.
Having a bad game? Trolled.
Get trolled? Trolled.

There aren't any different kinds of pings so you never know wtf they mean.
You can't see where your teammates are going so you might as well be traveling by yourself.
Turrets are weak as **** and can't defend anyone worth a piss anymore, especially from rangers. They don't even scale damage well into late game.
Nobody even cares enough about strategy to learn the champions and game mechanics.
Some champions really are too overpowered.

Commonly overlooked game mechanics:

Spell Vamp procs on all non-on-hit abilities, even those that deal physical damage or scale with AD. Champions that rely heavily on their abilities, while not AP, still benefit from Spell Vamp very highly.

Movement speed buffs are attached to either a DPS item (Zeal) or a spendy AP item (Lich Bane) and if you really need it but aren't DPS, it's still probably a good idea to buy it.

You don't have to sacrifice all of your damage to avoid being swept away by anticarries. Damage doesn't help you when you're dead.

Squishy carries WILL run away and WILL come back. Stop chasing, let them start running in to deal damage and run at them as they do this to close the gap.

Letting your allies know when an enemy is able to use their global ultimates (level 6) or when you think high CD spells/functions are going to be off CD (Requiem, Destiny, Anivia's Passive) really helps the effort against dying or killing the enemy.

If you're going to die, try to do something with the death besides run away. Running away gives a free kill but you might just be able to kill an enemy or a turret.

If you see someone go mia and assume their pathing, try to estimate how long it will take them to get where they are going and warn teammates if necessary.

Suggestions and requests do a world more than commands and an air of superiority.

Wards make games. If you see the enemy support power-warding, if you don't get an Oracle's Elixir and try to stop it, no one will and you have a chance of losing the game higher than any other scenario.

If you're bored, find something better to do with your time besides troll. Passive games become un-passive in an instant, and if you're backdooring a turret unsuccessfully that 4v5 may have just lost you the game.

Think about what you want to say before you type it. Think about how it will be interpreted by others. If this is in any way negative, don't type it. Be happy for the things that go well for you, but remember that at the same time that things aren't going well for the enemy.

Most of the time it's better to type nothing than "gg" when you win. If it was one of many, many one-sided games, the comment is more than easily regarded as being an ass because it is untrue to the interpreter (reader/enemy). If you're frustrated over a loss, would you want 5 people telling you that your 3/21/6 and the fact that none of their turrets were destroyed was a good game? No.

~~~

There's still too much **** wrong with players and the game to keep playing. I thought I could do this, but I can't. Somewhere between ignorance and flaw I have lost my love for this game. I don't even know what to think anymore.

This is me, quitting the game again. Gratz to the numerous forum trolls who find this thread in the Tribunal forum and troll it. You are truly heartless.

CrappyMMsystem

06-27-2011

* Crappy MM System

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

You probably got punished on the tribunal and are now butt-hurt. Working as intended. Enjoy your ban. We need to take out the trash so that we can has better community because I like free Tribunal IP, and have something to do while trolling these these forums and eating doritos inside my troll cave. Speaking of which, I'm going back to the Tribunal to click punish some more. right. NOW.

j/k.. but the above is something most Pro-Tribunal trolls will be happy to say when they see this thread and decide to feast on your bones.

Olera144

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

He never mentions that he got banned and by his attitude and advice it seems unlikely.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the game anymore Diamondragan and I'm sorry you constantly get trolled. Have you tried doing premades? It won't fix all the problems, but hopefully you'll see less trolls in your team at least.

BangsFatties4Elo

06-27-2011

haha, Zeus beat me to it

I think a lot of us have experiences similar to Diamondragan, and Olera's solution is correct. This game (or at least the low elo bracket where I am) is overwhelmed with group thinking wanna be thugs who have the motivational speaking skills of a guy who lives in a van down by the river. Ya know?

Diamondragan

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olera144 View Post
He never mentions that he got banned and by his attitude and advice it seems unlikely.

I'm sorry that you don't enjoy the game anymore Diamondragan and I'm sorry you constantly get trolled. Have you tried doing premades? It won't fix all the problems, but hopefully you'll see less trolls in your team at least.
I was trolled in a premade of 4, by the guy who invited me and *used* to be on my friends list. Everyone needs someone to blame for the loss, why not me?

No, I'm not banned. I lash out at trolls every once in a while but I think the worst thing I've ever said to a guy is, "DO YOU EVEN ****ING THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE!?"

Yeah, real hardcore hate slinging right there... Pick up a support item in any given game and get labeled. Stark's Fervor on ARAM Swain? TROLL! Karthus got Will of the Ancients and the enemy team had a Veigar. I even went positive K - D that game. I was actually really happy to be able to use my DPS Swain build in an ARAM until someone saw my Doran's Blade. I'm not even going to talk about it from there. We had a leaver, "Because we have a troll (me)," and I bet Trollthus thinks more highly of that leaver than me, the guy that stayed around and did his best to help instead of leaving and hanging his ass out to dry because there are no penalties for leaving a custom game.

I refuse to accept any more of this abuse. People can lose their games without me in them to blame the loss on.

Now you know.

EDIT: Zeus, really? :/

TehomCD

06-27-2011

Well, that sucks. It sounds like you'd still be able to enjoy the game if you played with premades of people who aren't total jerks, though.