Nidalee, fotm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Waif

06-27-2011

I understand I'll probably get down-rated to oblivion due to the amount of Nidalee lovers out there, but in all honesty I'm sick of seeing an enemy Nid basically every second game.

That's no big problem in itself, the issue is that she absolutely wipes the floor in laning phase, almost always getting fed due to her ridiculous heal, ranged attack and large nuking spear (Which isn't that easy to dodge, especially if you're getting zoned).
Things only get worse when she hits 6 and gets pounce, making it increasingly difficult to stay out of her harass, and harrass her yourself (pouncing away from the majority of ganks and skill shots).

Put simply, she's too good at laning and early game in general, especially duel lane where she can just continually heal up her partner.

Muckay

06-27-2011

if ur gonna complain about nidalees lane phase, complain about irelia and renektons too, cuz they can basically do the same thing

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muckay View Post
if ur gonna complain about nidalees lane phase, complain about irelia and renektons too, cuz they can basically do the same thing

Ya... sure they can.

Nidalee just has alot of sustain. You make her sound like an epic harassment machine which she really is not.

Zeraph

06-27-2011

Sorry, but LOL (and no that doesnt stand for league of legends). Get higher elo. I never, EVER, see her. Seriously in my last 50 games I haven't seen her. Its because her laning phase is her ONLY good phase.

iainB85

06-27-2011

I love Nidalee's play style (both AP and melee AD at the drop of the hat) but yea, she's not that viable in a competitive game... late game her cool downs are way too high to be viable AP damage, and she has no survivability in cougar form besides a little extra dodge, which is not enough...

Luckyone001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
I love Nidalee's play style (both AP and melee AD at the drop of the hat) but yea, she's not that viable in a competitive game... late game her cool downs are way too high to be viable AP damage, and she has no survivability in cougar form besides a little extra dodge, which is not enough...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraph View Post
Sorry, but LOL (and no that doesnt stand for league of legends). Get higher elo. I never, EVER, see her. Seriously in my last 50 games I haven't seen her. Its because her laning phase is her ONLY good phase.

This thread is tainted with dumb.

Tha Dynamite

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeraph View Post
Wait. Are you telling me you that you think you're in a "higher ELO"? Because I can't even find you on the ladder.

Knight Party

06-27-2011

Rofl Nidalee is second on the Draft tier list, absolutely Priceless for your team Marvelous survivalbility. Decent jungle control. One of the best heals in the game. Very high damage nuke. Everyone saying she isn't in high ELO games. Haven't been playing High ELO games. She doesn't need anything in terms of CC because of her support and sustainability and even assassin potential. Hit teemo with a spear from behind then pounce on him with a swipe takedown combo. However i would say Balanced at this point. She may need changes. To her survivalbility, But anything other than that will turn her in side out like Eve has become. Shes still Squishy and dies when hit, only thing i would say is Imbalanced about her is how much and how many hits she can avoid. Expectially with how many people are taking flash nowadays. She can't be outrun for the fact that she can pounce through walls and some ledges. Her speed is supposed to give her jungle control and Chase/survivalbility while in the jungle, not the lane. Having her out run you while spamming pounce in the lane is ridiculous. But other than this she is fine in terms of balance.

Jan1n

06-27-2011

I'm sure the OP would admit that amongst alllllllll the champions in LoL, some are much better laners than others. Nidalee just happens to be one of the best. While her laning is absolutely amazing, she is basically a heal and spear bot late game. A good initiation would make it truly a 4v5. Although the same can be said about a few other supports :P

PeaunyAOWL

06-27-2011

nidalee: she can heal herself alot
she can 2 shot an enemy champion at lvl 4
at lvl 6 she can run away if she gets ganked
and you say that her laning is the only good thing that she can do? no
she just 2 shots everyone who gets in range and then shes fed so nobody can kill her
i say that nidalee needs a bad nerf on her spear a huge nerf