How do you vote on the tribunal

Spam punish 2 6.45%
read and evaluate 28 90.32%
what is the tribunal? 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

No QQ just honest concerns

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skeeep

06-27-2011

I know trolls and troublemakers tend to be loud and heard more than honest ppl, this is just politics. However, I do wonder if I am in the minority when I actually read and evaluate a case on the tribunal. Now that a red has said you get more or less cases a day based on your accuracy, I wonder if being honest will get me fewer cases and less IP in the long run. hopefully there are at least two people with class for every deadbeat that just spams the punish button.
I guess I will see when the results of my voting comes in, since I pardon about 60 - 70% of the cases.
Honestly it seems most people report for having their feelings hurt. Grow up and realize this is the Internets /ignore and move on.

drumsandfire

06-27-2011

I base my votes strictly on whether or not the accused player violates the Summoner's Code, as should you.

The Herpes Clown

06-27-2011

The reds have also declared that the Tribunal is, as far as they have evaluated it thus far, fair. If anything, people are pardoning too much.

kobashii

06-27-2011

I always read and evaluate every case. I usually end up pardoning 2/10 cases per day, and I found out I got 58/60 cases judged correctly. The only people I've seen admitting to auto-punishing on this forum are people who got banned and are angry at the system because they or their friend got banned.

KalastRaven

06-27-2011

Any blatant violation of the code gets the insta-punish. If I see this, I will STOP reading and hit punish.
If you're a racist, homophobe, hate brazil, or whatever, get punished.
If you're a rager, who trolls his team all game, get punished.
If you are very clearly intentionally feeding, or afk for long periods, come back, and don't explain it or apologize, get punished.
If you spam the all caps curse words messages, get punished.

If there's nothing really screaming for a punish, I STILL punish if the general trend across all the games is for moderate violations.
This includes
- a constant general bad attitude across 5 or more games,
- constant cursing,
- a pattern of probable but not provable feeding or afking.

Conversely, I will pardon if
- there's a general trend of being a good team player with a good attitude,
- the player has been wrongfully accused
- if the guy is personally provoked by a raging ******* into a serious violation
- or if there's only a few moderate violations.
- If there's doubt as to whether the person is feeding, and not enough data to consider it a trend
- if the player has left the game, but didn't rage, and didn't do so as part of a pattern across the games,

I rarely skip, but I might when
- The offensive language is in a foreign language to me
- I personally don't have time to review this case

Skeeep

06-27-2011

Honestly 80% punishment seems a bit over the top to me, and this would seem to favor auto-punishing. 3-4 games of negative attitude could occur in 50 games or more. We just don't have that kind of info. I tend to give cases like that benefit of doubt since they are at least half of the cases I have seen thus far.

BangsFatties4Elo

06-27-2011

KalastRaven gets a thumbs up from me - I might be a little more lenient, but I follow nearly exactly the same pattern when judging cases.

I'd add, if you have the time, babelfish is great for translating, and chrome will do it with a couple mouse clicks. I found the f-bomb in Polish the other day doing this.

As for Skeeep's concern, this is why I appreciate false or borderline reports. For example, I won't instant punish for an isolated racist remark and if I can dig through 10 false reports and see it was out of character, I may pardon. If I only have 1 report to work with and someone is dropping the n-bomb, I'm very likely to punish because there simply isn't anything more to judge the player by.

Kaedan

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsandfire View Post
I base my votes strictly on whether or not the accused player violates the Summoner's Code, as should you.

Yup, same here, and completely agree.

Beaumains

06-28-2011

I'll generally tend to agree with Skeep & KalastRaven, though if I have only one game to work with I'm much more wary; I'm much more likely to pardon, unless in that one game there is consistent, unapologetic, overly obvious evidence of some violation. It also seems that some of these transcripts are incomplete; in such cases I'm wary about whether there is sufficient context as well. I must say, disappointingly, though I often try to find good cause to pardon a case, I too rarely find it.

CJGoomba

06-28-2011

Hahah look at the specific downvotes [which I've corrected with upvotes] OP was looking for specific non-tribunal love based posts. OP was hoping for Tribunal hate. Oh well.