Thanks for the feedback today Zileas

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mpalm

06-27-2011

The tribunal forums are filled with a lot of hate/spam from players that have been banned by tribunal, people that enjoy the tribunal and see it as a positive step in the right direction for the community, and players that are on the fence about the tribunal are aren't sure if it's just a bunch of players spamming punish or it actually weeds out the negative players of the game.

What I can say, is that ALL (well, maybe not the trolls) of these players really appreciate feedback from you (Riot) and I really hope we can continue this trend with members of the support team.

There are many threads attempting to discredit the tribunal, stating that a player set up games with friends to report him for no reason and he was banned because the tribunal is an automatic system and people just push punish without reading the cases, or stating they were wrongfully banned and that the tribunal is a joke. It would be very helpful, for everyone, if cases such as these were looked at every so often to show that the tribunal is working or that there are certain bugs that need to be worked out.

I can understand there may be frustration if a person is truly banned for unjust reasons... and I think that these players should receive some sort of compensation through IP, as well as having their right to use the tribunal restored if it turns out that a player is innocent. However, based on the general maliciousness that can be seen in the forum posts of these players that are "innocent," I doubt that the tribunal has wronged them in most cases.

Perhaps if some of these threads were responded to directly by Riot members, indicating their reason for the ban (most people claim they were banned for no reason or simply trolled by players faking reports) some of the confusion or doubts of the tribunal will be erased. Then again, I doubt it will stop players from claiming the Tribunal is inherently flawed and must be removed... but as I said previously, any communication is a step in the right direction.

TLDR: Thanks for the feedback today Zileas, let's try to continue this type of communication in this forum from Riot members so players can get a better idea of how the tribunal works, and if it is indeed working effectively.

OhYawny

06-27-2011

riot sends warning emails AFTER they ban. Sound right to you? i dont think so.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilkrnboy27 View Post
riot sends warning emails AFTER they ban. Sound right to you? i dont think so.
It's called [unmonitored?] automated/scripted bannings. Enjoy your automated Tribunal, and the potential for abuse therein!

OhYawny

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus In A Speedo View Post
It's called [unmonitored?] automated/scripted bannings. Enjoy your automated Tribunal, and the potential for abuse therein!
exactly....riot is dumb for relying on the tribunal so much.

CrappyMMsystem

06-27-2011

Good to see a little suckup thanking Riot for damage control.

Pretty odd that we only get official word after the automation of the system is unavoidable. At that, we get some Quisling response from Zileas where he just says "the system is too lenient!"

It'll be a fun day when Riot has to auction off LOL to some rangrang company after they lose their domestic playerbase (lol Mythos).

kzvant

06-27-2011

Zileas es #1

"huehuehue"

Mpalm

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappyMMsystem View Post
Good to see a little suckup thanking Riot for damage control.

Pretty odd that we only get official word after the automation of the system is unavoidable. At that, we get some Quisling response from Zileas where he just says "the system is too lenient!"

It'll be a fun day when Riot has to auction off LOL to some rangrang company after they lose their domestic playerbase (lol Mythos).
Suckup? Really? Why don't you look up all my posts about how I've been openly complaining about Riot's lack of content and pricing decisions since beta. That's about 2 years of me *****ing about a replay system and how their addition of a 4800 price point and removal of anything below that is a real shot in the kidney. Quite a suckup... apparently.

I apologize for thinking that the tribunal is a step in the right direction because Riot hasn't been banning anyone for the past 2 years in a free game that attracts more griefers and trolls than all the games I've played in my life put together.

The posts of banned players are really getting more and more pathetic though... pretty soon these guys will be posting about how Riot staged the moon landing and came up with the addition of Navi in Legend of Zelda.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

Us: We're grieved by the ongiong Tribunal abuse, and the abusers are happier than evar!

Riot: Less work is less. Less than our "care", even!

CJGoomba

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Suckup? Really? Why don't you look up all my posts about how I've been openly complaining about Riot's lack of content and pricing decisions since beta. That's about 2 years of me *****ing about a replay system and how their addition of a 4800 price point and removal of anything below that is a real shot in the kidney. Quite a suckup... apparently.

I apologize for thinking that the tribunal is a step in the right direction because Riot hasn't been banning anyone for the past 2 years in a free game that attracts more griefers and trolls than all the games I've played in my life put together.

The posts of banned players are really getting more and more pathetic though... pretty soon these guys will be posting about how Riot staged the moon landing and came up with the addition of Navi in Legend of Zelda.
You'd think this when end the Q_Q, but it only makes them more oblivious to the reasons why they're bant.

Don Kobra

06-27-2011

Has something been said about people with only 1 or 4 reports showing up in Tribunal?

I've come across a lot of cases like that lately. And most of the time it's only 1 person reporting in each game.

If anything games have become nicer, except for the usual kid who D/C due to "x" issue with his connection, so I won't be surprised if they just dump in those with barely any reports instead of shutting down the Tribunal.