Remove IP from Tribunal

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falleng0d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Yeah. These type of threads confuse me. People keep making assumptions that the tribunal is the determining factor in case judgements. NO. The results, as stated above, have to be validated and approved by riot, therefore, no incorrect judgements are being handed out.

This is not to suggest that riot is not a little harsh on their judgements but.... Tribunal does not issue final judgements.

Cloud Bane

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falleng0d View Post
Yeah. These type of threads confuse me. People keep making assumptions that the tribunal is the determining factor in case judgements. NO. The results, as stated above, have to be validated and approved by riot, therefore, no incorrect judgements are being handed out.

This is not to suggest that riot is not a little harsh on their judgements but.... Tribunal does not issue final judgements.
I agree. Those repeatedly hitting the Punish button aren't all getting IP rewards because all cases go to Riot for review first. Not every single case is a punish, and since Tribunal came out fairly recently, it's common sense to assume that they are watching for this exact thing, people just hitting the punish button without reviewing the case.

I believe they're weeding these people out. The more cases they get wrong by not looking them over, the more their voting gets limited until they can't vote anymore. I know there should be more pardon cases, but from what I've read of Riot's responses, it won't be long until there are less cut and dry cases.

Srai

06-27-2011

I think IP should stay as a nice motivation for the tribunal.

Mísanthropic

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srai View Post
I think IP should stay as a nice motivation for the tribunal.
Yes, motivate an inherently negative community to reach a "punish-all" consensus and reap rewards for it.

TitanMD

06-27-2011

pwnd by Zileas

The Herpes Clown

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Your hypothesis is that people are being wrongly motivated and are making bad decisions...

Well, you will be happy to know that this isn't the case. We have been validating results -- both people who were pardoned and those punished, and are very confident that things are fair. If anything, the tribunal results are too lenient.

- Zileas
Good. Now this is something I'd like to see published in a newsletter from Riot or something like that. It would finally put to rest the pervasive issue of "too many trolls, system is broken."

Pardon me while I go copy and paste this quote onto all the QQ threads in this board.

Rubeus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-27-2011

Quote:
Your hypothesis is that people are being wrongly motivated and are making bad decisions...

Well, you will be happy to know that this isn't the case. We have been validating results -- both people who were pardoned and those punished, and are very confident that things are fair. If anything, the tribunal results are too lenient.

- Zileas
The problem is that the payoff is so little for giving proper verdicts that I can't even care to keep going I remember reading that doing the tribunal would be worth about a few games of LoL play. I did all the cases I could and I got maybe 100 IP when it was all said and done. For the effort I went to to make sure I gave each case a fair shake aside from the blatantly guilty (N-Bombs = Punish period.) It didn't feel like it was worth the effort.

Urr

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubeus View Post
The problem is that the payoff is so little for giving proper verdicts that I can't even care to keep going I remember reading that doing the tribunal would be worth about a few games of LoL play. I did all the cases I could and I got maybe 100 IP when it was all said and done. For the effort I went to to make sure I gave each case a fair shake aside from the blatantly guilty (N-Bombs = Punish period.) It didn't feel like it was worth the effort.
Talk to anyone who's ever had jury duty, earning minimum wage ain't exactly the best, but at least they aren't talking your time for free

Sure I'd love more IP, I'd actually like them to change it over to 1 RP per case right, but I'll take whatever they want to give me for a better environment in game

No it doesn't feel fun, because most of the punishes are easy, by the 2nd or 3rd case there's at least 1 blatant violation; but the pardons stink, cause you're hunting through the chatlog, trying to get an idea of what's going on in game, wondering when they went AFK and for how long.

The more serious issue, is filtering out people who won't actually read the cases.
Adding more than a captcha (ie a brief multiple choice selection, or a short free response area along with the captcha that must be completed would cut it down)

rhythmofpwn

06-27-2011

Quote:

- Zileas
oh ya they are definitely too lenient the only thing u have lef to 2 ban is people that use the word noob because pretty much everything else is getting punished LOL i swear man u could probably get a penta kill, flame some1 on ur team for being 0-9 and u would be the one tribunaled and punished... makes sense huh, lenient is the perfect word for tribunal rofl

EDIT: @Urr- how much of a percentage of people do u think actually read and analyze the cases thoroughly i say a MAXIMUM of 20% of the community does that.... 60% off score and 20% consistently just vote 1 thing

HellsThunder

06-27-2011

Quote:

- Zileas
I find it hard to believe that there are more players clicking Pardon rather than Punish, one guy posted a thread here where he clicked Punish on 96 cases out of 100, so that simply has to be incorrect.

he got 480 IP for his efforts.