What exactly IS the Tribunal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oathkeeper91

06-27-2011

From what I've read on QQ threads it's some sort of judicial system to LoL or something? Is there some sort of seperate forum where people hold cases and the community votes on their sentence? I could really use some clarification, because sometimes i get reported by troll teammates, and I'd hate to be quoted out of context just to be downvote reported by even more trolls, or whatever happens to make bans possible.
Thanks!

FlowyS

06-27-2011

1. What is the Tribunal and why was it created?

The Tribunal is a system developed by Riot Games, whereby those eligible among the community of League of Legends players have been empowered to dictate what conduct they consider inappropriate to a positive gameplay environment. The objective is to once again reinforce the importance of the tenets proscribed through the Summoner’s Code. Creating a pleasant experience goes beyond preventing serious and obvious harassment. Competitive environments -- particularly in a relatively anonymous setting -- can sometimes foster rude, unpleasant behavior.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/faq#1

Straight from the website. So basically, it is a system where any level 30 (that isn't banned) can vote to pardon or punish someone who gets reported.

VvlJbKLuRTmQ2kRT

06-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlowyS View Post
Straight from the website. So basically, it is a system where any level 30 (that isn't banned) can vote to punish someone who gets reported.
Fixed it for you.

Oathkeeper91

06-28-2011

ahh... so it's not just people from Riot, but random players? So its something like jury duty?

Lineov

06-28-2011

A volunteer jury duty, yeah. You choose to do it or not. It's not like Riot says "you must do this or else."

CJGoomba

06-28-2011

Purest form of Jury made up entirely of your peers in the LoL community.

Aametherar

06-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGoomba View Post
Purest form of Jury made up entirely of your peers in the LoL community.
Yep, your pure of heart kind loving community of LoL, those very same people you play with, makes you kinda warm and tingly inside, doesn't it? You know what they say! Best community in gaming!