Suggestion for additional information when reviewing cases

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

l337matt

06-26-2011

I was reviewing some cases in the Tribunal a while ago, and I noticed lack of significant information when I was trying to determine whether or not to punish/pardon someone.

I was unable to tell if a player purposely left a game by selecting quit, or he simply disconnected and didn't mean to leave.

The case I was reviewing was for a Jarvan, who was reported for "Leaving the game / AFK." Two votes from each team. Both of the allied votes had comments that basically said he left when they were doing the final push, and they could have won, but ended up losing due to his poor timing in leaving.

I read through the entire chat log, and the player that was Jarvan was fairly nice and respectable. He played seriously, apologized for his mistakes, and seemed like he was sincere and earnest.

Then, toward the end of the chat log, all of sudden Javarn's allies start saying in all chat things like, "OMG! NO NO NO... This is just great... Report Jarvan after the game please... Ridiculous." It was obvious that it was at this point Jarvan left the game.

However! During a game, when a player leaves, you can tell if they quit, or just disconnected. The chat log will read "[player name] has quit! [player name] has left the game!" if they choose to quit. But only the second line is present if it is a disconnect. I was unable to tell if the Jarvan in this case had quit or disconnected, and obviously the difference should qualify whether or not he should be punished or pardoned.

So, Riot, if at all possible, I think it would be extremely helpful to include those lines from the game chat log that signify when a player leaves, and whether or not it is intentional. This should be especially important since most cases are concerning players that leave games. Thank you for your time.

Kaedan

06-26-2011

I don't know, from how you describe it, it sounds pretty clear it was a disconnect. But yeah, having that information could only help, so no reason not to have it. Though keep in mind... smart trolls know how to unplug their internet so that their "quitting" shows up as "disconnect". So I guess it's really not all that relevant. You'd be able to get a better picture from the chat log.

SaintDiogenic

06-26-2011

agreed... I've found that I've had this problem too :c

l337matt

06-27-2011

Bump~