Ashe is HARD!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

heathenscum

06-26-2011

So i grabbed ashe recently and she isnt as easy to use as i thought. So anyone have any advice to make her useful early/mid game and what to do to farm faster?

Toasterferret

06-26-2011

Ashe is super easy-mode. I would start with a Doran's Sword, then rush BF Sword. Once you have BF sword it's MUCH easier to last hit with her. Then you just get your PD, finish the IE, and finish boots. There is your core.

Defensive items and further damage items depends on who you are up against.

Hwa Ryun

06-26-2011

Ashe is easy to play, hard to master. You just gotta practice your farming (ONLY last hit)/positioning and landing your arrows. An ashe is pretty much useless if she can't land her arrows.

Azaer

06-26-2011

Something I've been doing is a mixed doran stack. I get Dorans shield to start, then I get two Dorans blades.

Just focus on your last hits early/mid. Wait for your teammates to gank unless you've whittled the enemy down enough to kill them w/ an arrow to the face and a few shots. (Never harass unless you know can come out on top. If you harass and take more than they are taking it could be disastrous because she is so squishy and completely unsustainable).

Other than that... IE, PD, zerkers graves or Mercs, defensive items on the side are the way to go.

doo0ooooooom

06-26-2011

Ashe's playstyle is defensive as hell early game. You need to play defensive to the max as you run very slow don't have any good escape except flash.

so basically, unless all opponents are visible on minimap:

1) Never extend more than 1/3 of the way to the other tower.
2) Never extend yourself in your lane farther than necessary to last hit creeps. Keep in mind that you don't need to be in range of the creeps unless they're about to die. So feel free to turret hug if none of the mobs are low hp.
3) never push your lane except for last hitting.

Most chars gank by sneaking up behind people... Ashe is not like that. Just fire a cyrstal arrow from the safety of your tower and then run up to them and volley and frost arrow. Keep in mind that the stun lasts longer the farther you fire it from. Coordinate this with someone on your team lurking from jungle for a very easy gank. On ashe, trying to sneak up behind people is a very dangerous proposition, and you don't really need to do it as you have a very strong initiate with properly aimed arrows.

for gear:

i usually start with doran's blade if i'm going mid or if i'm in a duo lane. if i'm soloing top i get boots + 3 hp pots.

next i pick up some kind of tier 2 boots then a vamp scepter to stay in lane longer. after that rush infinity edge, it's ridiculous with her auto-crit passive. After infinity edge, grab a phantom dancers or two, then i'll either build a tank item or grab a black cleaver.

for team fights, you'll want to stay in the back and look for an opportunity to open with crystal arrow. Ashe is weird in that she both initiates AND comes in late to dps. you'll never want to run out in front of your tanks as you're squishy as hell and a prime target. But once you get geared your auto attack dps is absolutely ridiculous... don't be there for the initial hits, but once a fight starts you need to run in as fast as you can to kill the opponents before they kill your team.

Ashe is also good for helping your team run away... not so good at running herself. Volley is 1200 range and snares everything, so make use of it to help teammates escape. but if they're already in melee range of you, volley is probably not going to help you escape.

heathenscum

06-26-2011

i guess playing aggressive champs like gp and lux aren't good practice for ashe.

doo0ooooooom

06-26-2011

tip for aiming arrows on unsuspecitng people: Pay attention to your *own* creep's health. If one looks like it's at low hp, they're probably going to go last hit it. So if you can line up your arrow such that it passes over both their current position and wherever they'd need to be to last hit that creep, you're probably going to land a hit.

another thing, if someone is running from your teammate, they're probably going to run as strait as possible as if they swerve they'll lose distance. so that's another good time to fire an arrow. If they're running around like a chicken, don't bother ulting, it probably won't land.

also you need to get a feel for the timing and h ow long it takes the arrow to travel various distances, that just takes practice...

iP1ayJarvan

06-26-2011

actually, boots + 3 pots is the best start for mid i think. movespeed allows escaping from early ganks when junglers havent bought their boots yet, and you can dart around skillshotters like ezrael and karthus.

Wagwanamo Bay

06-26-2011

i would say if u dnt have mana regen runes, chalice of harmony is a must for ashe, she can harass hard with her abilities and her natural attack, so chalice is a must for spamming, what i do is go boots + 3 pots, sword of occult, chalice, upgrade to attack speed boots, phantom dancer ( the guy from b4 saying that the BF sword helps.. well you shouldnt need anything to help you last hit, if you know how to last hit, then you dnt need it at all, not attacking him, just saying) and then ie, with a bloodthirster as a finisher and you have a ashe with massive dps and a good carry + team player if u learn how to aim your ult and properly use hawkshot, as well as your frost at the right times.

I'd say for skills get barrage + ult maxxed asap since barrage's cd decreases immensely with each rank, 1 rank in frost after ur first barrage, and hawk maxed next because the extra range really does help save lives, and prevents ganks, and the extra gold doesnt hurt. i say 1 rank in frost because if your using it with barrage, with barrage max'd theres only a few times they arent slowed and it wnt be a huge bother, and if ur using frost shot their perma slow'd, so the extra range from hawkshot is more helpful overall.

Just my .02$

p.s. boots are a must for any ranged carry, because they let you kite and run away faster, and you will need to since your so fragile

p.s.s. this build works for alot of ad carry's, not just ashe

NotProEnough

06-26-2011

Lmao. That's funny. I felt she was easy mode. Its just about positioning. don't be so stuck on "go for the carry" because this will put you in a place you don't want to be.

Pretty much, if you're gonna hit a champion outside of laning, have your Q on. They wont be able to reach you. Frost shot->run->frost shot->run when theyre chasing you. And just permaslow when theyre running. Thats how I played ashe the 2 games I played her and I did just fine. Oh and volley as many people as you can so that they can reach you/your team