TF Equipment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

04-09-2010

So i have been playing TF quite a bit lately and know how to play him. My issue is that i dont really know how to equip him as all the guides are very different and none really have reasons for using each bit of equipment. I am going to list what i think are the main used items and please can people give their opinions on why an item would be useful or why its bad. And any other items if i havent listed them.

Boots
Beserkers - worth it for the AS?
dodge/MR boots - Obvious against certain teams.
Swiftness - extra speed for the gank.

Weapons
Sheen - 80% base damage
guinsoo rageblade - fast attack
malady - good AS and 15% lifesteal
Bloodthirster - lifesteal + damage
Sword of the divine. - 100 every 4 hits and 55% AS
madreds - 4% health damage + speed.
sword of the occult - powerful but needs stacks
lich bane - builds on from sheen
infinity edge - who doesnt need crit and damage?

Also if you put your own build would be ace. I keep trying them and they work but just arent quite right for me.

Tom Bombadil

Recruiter

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Boots of Speed + 2 Health Pots and 1 Mana Pot.

Sword of the Divine (His Stacked Deck works in perfect synergy with this plus the Att Spd helps to utlilise it more frequently.)

Guinsoo's Rageblade (+ Att Dmg, + Att Spd & + AP) TF gets some use out of AP but i am focussing more on DPS, This allows your Stacked Deck to be more frequent and the AP gives your Pick a Card a little more bite.

On my Build Wild Cards is only used to catch low health fleeing Opponents.

After this upgrade boots depending on what the enemy is packing.

If you intend to backdoor some towers then you need some more HP. I'd recommned Frozen Mallet as it also gives you a slow + Att dmg.

If the game goes further which is rare then you will already be packing 2 atts per second with Guinsoo's at 8 so Att Dmg is what you will benefit from. Bloodthirster or Black Cleaver.

With these you will be raping face.

Runes i go, Armor Pen, AR Per level, MR per level and MoveSpeed Quints
Eww, no.

Asylumseeker

04-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBombadil0220 View Post
Eww, no.
care to elaborate?

think this proves why i am having such difficulty figuring out a good setup. There are lots of set ups out there, but i cant figure out what a top ELO setup would be like as all work low tier and many mid tier.

Gethsemani

04-09-2010

I found that boots of Swiftness are very useful for a team-playing TF. Usually, your GC stun will be the one stun/snare on the team that has the lowest cooldown. This means that by using Boots of Swiftness you can chase down a fleeing enemy and stun them to allow the rest of your team to take them down (or allow you enough time to take them down).

My build usually consists of Madreds Razor, followed by boots and a vampiric scepter. From there I either upgrade to Bloodrazor ot get me a Sword of the Divine/Wit's End depending on the game. Either way, the goal is to eventually get all 3 items (bloodrazor, SotD and Wit's End) and perhaps a Stark's Fervor. If the game isn't over by that point, I tend to get whatever item I think can benefit me the most in that particular game (Banshees or Frozen Mallet being favourites).

The idea is to run almost pure AS and get as many on hit procs as possible. It works pretty well for me.

Carados

04-09-2010

Why isn't Last Whisper on your list?

Also, don't bother with Beserker Greaves. You're going to need to survive, wasting a slot on a tiny amount of Attack Speed isn't going to help you.

Voidgolem

04-09-2010

Zerg a bloodrazor, last whisper, and mallet.

Game should be over one way or the other while working on mallet.