Questions about rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Comus

04-09-2010

Sunfire cape is terrible for rammus, learn to farm properly without it. I've been toying around with quick aegis before boots (if I can afford it on the first blue pill) then boots+3 and then depending on the opposition. Either thornmail (lots of dps), Banshees veil (lots of casters) or guardian angel (went 5-0 in early lane and don't give a **** what I get) From there:

After thornmail: you should be doing really well against phys dps, if you are doing very well get some health and an impaler if you fear dying (shouldn't be doing a lot of this) get guardian angel. O

After Veil: you'll want mr, hp and hp5 and then a ga thrown in, you'll be dying or getting close to dying a lot since your job here is to powerball in and tremor the squishy little casters to half hp for your team to clean up. This can be dangerous.

If you could straight up afford guardian angel very quickly, you'll just have to adjust your build depending on what's doing you the most damage.

Whatever you do. don't ever get a sunfire cape.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

I rushed Aegis and Guardian Angel before and here are my thoughts on those.

1. Guardian Angel is just not that good early on (once I bought one at level 7). Rammus just have too little HP to make GA viable. After a few + HP items to make you have at least 2000 HP, then GA can be a real good option.

2. Aegis was awesome since it took care of his HP problem plus it offered decent MR and Armor aura for better pushing and defending your mates against enemy AOE. The new Aegis however, is more focused on the wearer rather than the allies who benefits from the aura. Not a too bad of a thing since Rammus will welcome more stats for himself; at the cost of less buff for his allies. It needs more testing, I'm sure.

Finally, if Randuin's Omen ever become available then I will get than in an instant before Sunfire. The active ability is pretty in synergy with Rammus' DBC and Tremors.
However, most of these items (including Sunfire) still don't solve one glaring problem of Rammus--the need for more MP. The new Glacial Shroud and B Veil can partially mitigate it and I found Chalice of Harmony is awesome if paired with MP5/lvl Seals.

Oh, and please continue your support of the important Rammus changes in the Test Realms forum.

https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=85152

Thank you.

Garborg

04-10-2010

Sunfire Capes are fun. Fun when your team is in the lead and you have an excess of gold.

Otherwise Rammus can definitely get the same job done with items with better survivability.

Supreme1337

04-10-2010

Wow... no one has mentioned yet that his passive adds 25% of his armor to AD. With 3 sunfires that's 34 extra AD, which is decent, plus that AOE Magic Damage from the passive. If you use your ult as well, you can rape in any team fight. Oh yea and since you get tons of health and and armor you dont have to worry about casters or DPS carries.

Emelius

04-10-2010

I just started using rammus again, and I have some thoughts on the sunfire cape.

It sucks.

Right now i'm 8 wins and 2 losses with Rammus, after two days of playing him.

I go for the 300g armor and some pots, then build heart of gold (helps with HP deficit). Then i buy two more 300g armors and some boots. Then build ninja tabi and thornmail. Aegis is next, then after that, its just rape fest. Rammus does not need HP items, its better to keep getting mega armor and initiate carefully. Heart of gold helps with his somewhat difficult farming, if you keep grabbing golem then you can use your ball of death and ult on the minions getting massive gold.

Rammus is the best **** initiator this game has ever seen, use him as such!

and DONT buy sunfire cape!

TrowserSnake

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-10-2010

I love playing Rammus too. I've only used him in practice games this week but I generally avoid sunfire capes.

I usually take Ghost and Smite although Clarity is great for early mana regen as well. This is my usual item build.

Thornmail
Basic Boots
Nasher's Tooth
Tabi's or Merc's depending on the enemies
Then I usually build a Frozen Mallet but there are other items I like to go for too.

Thornmail is 100% synergistic with your Passive and Taunt. Nasher's Tooth gives you everything you need. CDR, Mana Regen, Attack Speed and some AP to boot. A lot of people avoid attack speed but I think it's a mistake. Rammus can do some severe DPS all while being very tough to kill as a result of all the AD he gets from armor.

I like Frozen Mallet because at this point, Health is the best for increasing effective HP. The Slow is very useful too.

Garborg

04-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supreme1337 View Post
Wow... no one has mentioned yet that his passive adds 25% of his armor to AD. With 3 sunfires that's 34 extra AD, which is decent, plus that AOE Magic Damage from the passive. If you use your ult as well, you can rape in any team fight. Oh yea and since you get tons of health and and armor you dont have to worry about casters or DPS carries.
His passive works great with survivability items too....

MBirk

04-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clannfear View Post
to start off, I am loving this guy.

I like his survivability. But my question is why do all the guides go for multiple sunfire capes? Other tank's dont suggest the same thing. I kinda get that with that plus taunt plus the shell I can return a bunch of damage but how is it better for this guy? I'm not arguing the point just want some explanation.
Other tanks do not have the core AR/MR or defensive curl ability that rammus has.
They are also built on other attack skills. While Rammus has taunt, with pulls targets to him, tremmors which is also melee aoe, and powerball with is melee aoe.

So powerball in, or flash/ghost, then def curl, tremmors and stand right on top of the team.

250dps from tremmors, +80dps from 2 sunfires. hurts alot.
Alistar isn't about getting on top of the other team and doing aoe. he tanks, kills towers, and does aoe CC, and aoe healing.
Cho goth aoe CC, and huge damage soak. Aoe damage scales with ap well.

Rammus scales with ap ok, but better with +armor, and the sunfires.

Sunfires and only sunfires isn't the best idea. Thornmail is very good for him. And banshees, or aegis should be considered as well.

Supreme1337

04-11-2010

I go for Banshee's Veil, Ninja Tabi/Merc's Treads, and then I stack Sunfires. That works pretty well for me. Of course, if I see that the other team is mainly Physical damage (4 out of 5) I go for Thornmail first, instead of Banshee's. This and the choice between the 2 boots gives me good adaptability and a high AOE DPS.

PineapplePine

04-11-2010

If enemy team has a lot of ranged physical, I would like to grab two Heart of Gold. Boots of Swiftness. If there are heavy nukers, Banshee's and/or Force of Nature. I like to stack a bit more armor/magic resist. Thornmail is also a good idea. If it gets really long, sell Heart of Gold and replace with something you think you would need. Perhaps Guardian Angel, or replace with Sunfire Cape because it has better armor/hp stats than Heart of Gold not because of the passive (its a bonus).

I never tried the new item, Randuin's Omen but it seems alright.

If enemy team has more nukers or AP based champions, I would get a catalyst and do not turn it into a Banshee's Veil till later on. The catalyst will provide you with all the hp and mp you need from being harrassed and harrassing them. Next is still Boots of Swiftness. Then Banshee's Veil if the laning is all over. Next is again Thornmail, Force of Nature type of items. Stacking up your armor and magic resist as needed. But generally, I never get Sunfire cape unless I dunno what else to get (long long game with lots of money)