Questions about rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clannfear

04-09-2010

to start off, I am loving this guy.

I like his survivability. But my question is why do all the guides go for multiple sunfire capes? Other tank's dont suggest the same thing. I kinda get that with that plus taunt plus the shell I can return a bunch of damage but how is it better for this guy? I'm not arguing the point just want some explanation.

NeedASentryHere

04-09-2010

The Sunfire Cape is mostly to help you farm creeps and get more gold.

From what I know, against champions, it isn't going to do much of anything because any magic resist they have is going to cancel out each of those effects separately.

I personally don't take it.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

That's a misinterpretation of the way magic resist works, NeedASentryHere. Sunfire capes are as effective against minions as they are against champions. Well... all damage is less effective against champions because they will have more MR and armor, but splitting the damage into the sunfire capes many tiny little 40s doesn't allow magic resist to block it any more effectively than a huge nuke like viegar's ultimate.

Sunfire cape is a good armor, since the buff. Don't be afraid to switch to magic resist against a magic stacked team with Rammus though. I see Rammuses overly afraid to do that, but if it's lots of magic damage, appropriate resistance outweighs the passive.

Clannfear

04-09-2010

I just played a looong game an ended up getting 4 sunfire capes. I was doing about 30x4 dmg a asec to most of the champtions. If there is a good ryze or someo ther nuker I can see switching out and going for a banshee cloak

Usually I got for Frozen malet (Could use the slow) with boots mixed into that buying chain. Then a cape or two.

True Bandito

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2010

Multiple Sunfire is generally not that good. You will need to get B Veil before it if they are CC heavy or Thornmail if they have Twitch and Tris etc... Generally people frowned on Sunfire due to high recipe cost vs stats gains. However, since the new patch Sunfire price was reduced by 300 gold so it is better now.

cats

04-09-2010

I dont usually use sunfire, but I have used it in the past and it is easier to just get a ton of armor and then buy a sheen for some crazy ranmus action.

Sunfire is great to use on minions though, helps with your money late game on large groups of minions.
+11.25 phys dmg per sunfire. Also with the new randium's omen ranmus will own even more.

Check the enemy team to check which direction they are going with resists, if they have high armor you might have to get armor penetration such as the cheap brutalizer.

The poster above noted the 300 gold price reduce and this is fantastic.

DarkenDragon

04-09-2010

in my opinion people got many sunfire capes because it was one of the best item with both armor and hp, rammus didnt have a large hp to start with and armor helped with his passive and the amount of damage the capes did gets pretty big after awhile

I dont believe this is a good stratagy since it leaves you lacking in other departments like regen or magic resistance and a few others. a good mix of items is always better than just stacking 1 item in my opinion

Carados

04-09-2010

Grab some AP. You'd be surprised how good his ratios are.

Voidgolem

04-09-2010

Thornmail + DBC + Taunt = Dead physical carries.

The rest is elementary.

Nisato

04-09-2010

From what i found with rammus i always get at least one sunfire cape. It helps with lane pushing, gives decent armor and HP, and does a constant, if small, aoe dmg. Its great for pushing towers when all the creep focus on you b/c of the aoe dmg + tremors allowing your creep to stay alive a bit longer to take the tower down with you. Mind you this is early game, late game if you can't solo a tower on rammus... nuff said imo. But ya cape is a good starting but like most ppl said if its a heavy CC + magic user team against you, get some magic resist of a sort.