[Guide] Janna, The Wind Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vangu

01-04-2010

I always found the chalice to be the only regain item needed for most champions I play. And unless they change Janna that drastically from last time I was her I never had mana problems.

AcursedKnight

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

Although I am not an experienced player (yet), I find that stacking CD reduction with health and mana is the way to go with jana. I like:
-stack a few cheap mana regen items for starters
-Archmages (the tear first, complete it when you can spare the cash)
-Sorc boots
-Nashor's tooth
-Soul Shroud
After these, it can go anyway - a Rylai or any AP item.
Not playing support is not a good ideea imho... all your spells are for support and babysitting.

Vangu

01-27-2010

I try to take CD-reduction to most champions I play and so far it has worked fairly well. Though on Teemo 40% cd-reduction is worthless.

I have not had the chance to play Janna any from when I made this guide but does the scepters slow work with her tornado?

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Support Janna is something I've never tried, being a DPS Janna player myself, though most would consider her as a support champion.

However, I do like the previous, question the use of Zonya's Ring in your build. You've built Frozen Heart, Chalice, etc, as support and Cool Down items. That's great, as her spells need to be as spammable as possible. However the use of Zonya's Ring as the sole AP item would hardly benefit Janna as approximately the 3000 gold item would only provide approximately 100 more damage to each individual spell, with the exception of Monsoon.

Seeing as the ring will not be gotten until late game, that 100 extra damage is hardly noticeable.

You have argued that Janna could benefit from a larger mana pool late game, however, I find this untrue. As a long time player of Janna, the constant spam of spells going into late game with a DPS build would hardly deplete my mana pool.

However, what you would possibly benefit more from would be:
1. HP/Armour/Magic Resistance Items. As Janna is amazingly squishy and has a a mediocore base HP and HP/level gain.
2. Additional Mobility. From my experience, what makes Janna successful with a DPS build is her amazing mobility. With my build, you'd have around 500 movement speed without haste, and most champions would have no hope of catching you. This compensates for your lower HP as you'd be able to get out of most CC spells unless you get perma-disabled.

Btw, to answer your question, Janna would not benefit from Rylai's Scepter as the slow starts the second the champion gets hit up into the air by the tornado, and therefore resulting in an incredibly neglible slow.

Vangu

01-27-2010

Yeah I am sure it wouldn't help just wondering on if it would work. Also you may have missed the two pages or so where I said I misunderstood what the ring did when I added it to this guide. I have not updated it yet as I don't own Janna so it remains the same.

Shadowic

05-12-2010

I dont get the dependency on mana with this char I play her support/dps just fine without buying a single mana item. In most games im running top killer or top assists going as far as 1/2/21 (when games last long enough)
My build is actually
Meraj
Sorc shoes
void staff
zhonyas
Then its pretty much what you need from there. If your to squishy rod of ages for the ap mana and health boost I find Ryjals to be unnessessary you have plenty of slowing ability as it is anymore is kinda overdoing it. You mindwell just buy another Zhonyas if your going this route.
if you want more ap / damage I'd take up death fire grasp you'd be suprised how fast people go down when you tornado them death fire grasp then zephyr not only that but their slowed so pop that shield on yourself before or now and then just chase them down.
If you need more mana arch angels sceptor you'll be suprised how fast you build up mana with her, your always recasting shield or using your abilities in combination

Well I do find your guide to be interesting with the monsoon trick its difficult however because propoertionally where they are they will go back unless they are aligned perfectly behind you will they get hit into tower. What I find does work is if you tornado first. When you are sure it will hit flash toward them and walk just ahead enough to get them blown back into the tower since you can better align yourself while their in the air. Another trick is then to shield the tower so it will do increased damage and probably land you a free kill while the enemy is still be wilder ed that they just got killed. Not many expect this from Janna and takes a lot of practice to do.

Also the shield is very useful in fact thats normally my first skill since it lets me become on the borderline of squishy to tank since with AP extra it can defend an extra 500 not to mention if you start it in a fight you can recast it in the middle. The extra damage boost just makes her deadly.

Also she IS a nuke, you'd be surprised what in combination these spells end up doing including the major damage boost from shield the extra damage if someone is hit by a full on tornado (Happens a lot more than one may think as it is unpredictable to say where she hits.) And zephyr + ap boost toward end game.

MBirk

05-12-2010

Man, you necroed an old thread. There are newer guides, why this one?
The op is completely out of date, and wasn't even that good in the first place.

I would advice not focusing on AP with janna. while eots does get +sheild with ap, its benefits are meh. And howling gale/zephir do not justify enough firepower to focus on ap offense. She doesn't get enough firepower to make effective use.
She is a hybrid. support/dps.
Nashers is absolutely perfect for her. cdr/ias,ap, mana regen.
Guinsoo's is quite good as well.
You will find some ap, in addition to the ias on those two will allow gale/zephir to hit well, while giving you a 1.4a/s attack that does well with eots.
And cdr also allows you to keep eots up on 2 targets nearly constantly. 6s cd with 10s duration with 40%.

don't really try to use monsoon to push champs into a tower or team. Janna is not an initiator. You are just asking to die doing that.

Yes, eots first is good in most situations. Although a few champs do better with the ku of gale.

Vangu

05-13-2010

Yeah I have changed my build vastly over time with Janna. When she first came out this build was great and I destroyed people but she has been changed where there are way better builds to do. I will do a full edit on this guide soon to show my new style.

the dawneater

08-26-2010

she is my main so here is my set (3Archangel's Staff,Zhonya's Ring,Lich Bane,Boots of Swiftness)
just think about it 800 ap , cast sheild then use normal attack =900 dmg , wait 2 more sec then use slow 700 dmg then 1 more time ur normal attack another 900 dmg , let the slow work for 2 more sec cast tornado then use normal attack another 900 dmg , & if u r playing vs a noob its another 800 dmg by tornado , p.s ur sheild will hold up 4 800 dmg .