[Guide] Janna, The Wind Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-06-2009

Apologies if I come across as being only negative. I think it's great that people write guides, and it's not my intention. We obviously differ a lot to what a guide should be like, but that's ok too.

There is a guy earlier in the thread saying something like "building XXX for anything else than XXX is rubbish." This kind of know-it-all statement is just obnoxious and annoying. There are tons of ways to build most champions, including Janna, and I just wanted to get that accross.

Now that this is off my chest, I understand your build, but still think you should not aim for Zhonya's ring that "early", as you do not make the most of the 25% AP bonus. I would rather spend 3 thousands on Rod of Ages or Bashee's veil if there are a lot of disablers in the other gang. That's all

Vangu

09-06-2009

Yeah and as i said a couple posts ago I misread what the ring does and am looking for other items to get. From the cost of the ring I have seen I can get two other items that cost around the same. While abysmal scepter is nice I am wondering how far the range is that takes down their resistance. As support I generally don't try to get close to them but I guess for melee classes it helps.

So I have been thinking of getting the scepter then archangels staff. But I have also been thinking of not getting the chalice and seeing how I do while getting the staff to just gain more mana over all. But this all comes when I have more time to test that out.

popo

09-07-2009

I've had some luck with getting Tear instead of chalice, then Sorc boots, Frozen Heart, Archangels. Chalice seems like better overall mana regen, but the Tear works fine and eads you into the late game staff.

Ad Astra per Asp

12-10-2009

Dude Vangu, you tell em. lol. I happen to like your guide, props man.

Vangu

12-13-2009

Thanks for the reply Fjall. I plan on coming back and making more just didnt have time to continue playing before.

Yuumai

12-16-2009

Hi I have been doing a little practicing with Janna as a secondary. Was wondering if you had come to a conclusion on which items you are using now. Update if you can please. Thanks!

AMKoochie

12-22-2009

Very concise, and to the point guide.

thanks Vangu...

are you still tinnkering with the items on this build...or the end item?

let us know if you have anymore suggestions.

again, thanks for the time you put in.

Vangu

12-22-2009

Sadly I have not even had a chance to touch LoL as I was thinking I would. With it getting near christmas my job is becoming more demanding. But to answer the question I have not found a new item but as I said I did not get a chance to play the game and from what I can tell I missed out on some new items.

Eruend

12-23-2009

Thanks for the time and effort for making this guide. Started playing this champ and this gave me a few good ideas with what I should be aiming for with her, though I wouldn't go for your build, it helped me put things into perspective. don't give up!

By the way, I'm about to test this AP book thing soon, but are you guys sure that it's worth trading regen for it? I've started with some mana regen into philosopher's stone allowing me to spam her Howling Gale nearly indefinitely right off the bat whereas I had some issues prior to using that item. I love how easy that spell makes farming and harassing... at the same time. XD

edit: Actually, just how well does mana regen scale compared to increasing the mana pool? Let's take runes for examples to keep it simple. I actually think she may benefit more from regen then a larger pool.

Madra

12-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eruend View Post
Thanks for the time and effort for making this guide. Started playing this champ and this gave me a few good ideas with what I should be aiming for with her, though I wouldn't go for your build, it helped me put things into perspective. don't give up!

By the way, I'm about to test this AP book thing soon, but are you guys sure that it's worth trading regen for it? I've started with some mana regen into philosopher's stone allowing me to spam her Howling Gale nearly indefinitely right off the bat whereas I had some issues prior to using that item. I love how easy that spell makes farming and harassing... at the same time. XD

edit: Actually, just how well does mana regen scale compared to increasing the mana pool? Let's take runes for examples to keep it simple. I actually think she may benefit more from regen then a larger pool.
I use Mana Regen runes and have Meditation and still see benefits from taking Meki's early, though I can manage with the AP book. In the end, I don't think it matters all that much, since both are common component items, but I've been favoring the mana regen more so I can be more flippant with my Howling Gales.