[Guide] Janna, The Wind Warrior

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreshadowed View Post
Building Jana for anything other then Support is ineffective...
Her main nuke being probably more dangerous than Kayle's Reckoning begs to differ.

mistia

09-05-2009

What about masteries? Which tree you think it would be more appropiate for Janna? Personally I like the utility tree for 4% mana and health regen, the 5% bonus to the mana pool and 1 more mana per second bonus. But maybe you have a better build.

Jonah

09-05-2009

I disagree with this build so much. For starters, chalice = no, rod of ages = yes.

But you can either go:

sorc boots
tear of the godess
fiendish codex
rod of archmage
zhondas ring

or

sorc boots
rod of archmage
zhondas ring
rod of archmage

then whatever you want after that.

First Build Cooldown Runes
Second build Get AP Runes

Vangu

09-05-2009

And yet again I must explain that a guide is one persons way of playing the game and does not have to be read or even followed. I play as a support so mana regain works better then just pure mana for me. I hardly ever have to go back to get mana and am always up pushing. While this may also work for you by having just more mana that is okay all the more reason for people to play differently.

Seraphim

The Council

09-05-2009

So why post the guide? Also, Zhonda's Ring lol.

Vangu

09-05-2009

Because people can follow it not saying they must. Sigh..if you people have another way of playing feel free to actually write a guide and post it.

And on the ring issue it seems on how I thought it worked was wrong. As a simple misread of the tooltip on it...good thing none of you are here to actually help on things only troll and be d-bags. But now that I see this I am in the process of changing it out.

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-06-2009

My personal opinion is that in order to avoid a bazillion guides on each champion, the person commiting to writing a guide should update it frequently to include builds the community thinks are viable. Anybody can play a champion against a couple of bots and determine a possible skill order, runes that go with it, and change the recommended item list. Which is why you see guides for every champion that got unveiled in the last patch like 3 hours after the patch got released. Then a couple of months later, one new player likes the champion, wants to figure out a way to play him, and all he can find is some early reflections on the subject.

See what I mean? You make a guide, great initiative. But it has to live, and ultimately, it should reflect what the community thinks of the champions.

To go back to Janna, I said before: she is a very hard laner with a focus on E and Q. First item AP book, into Sheen. By level 7 you should have a couple of kills already. All her spells scale so well with AP that you want to stay away from non-AP items. After Sheen I go Rod of Ages, and then Sorc Boots. After that it's pretty easy, stack a bunch of AP rods, turn sheen and one into Lichbane, and The rest into Zhonya's. I usually finish in the regions of 10/3/15 in solo queue.
Note that Lichbane makes your end game pushing capability quite insane, since you can "no-target cast" a lot.

Vangu

09-06-2009

It is not the work of the person making a guide to edit it to be full of other players guides. The whole point of a post that contains a link to all guides is to no matter how much space they take up they are not always getting bumped up to page one so people will read them.

And a players guide should not reflect what the community thinks on a champion it reflects what that individual player likes. I have nothing against people posting one item change on what my build is but once they start posting a totally different way of playing is when it crosses the line and they should make their own guide as it is no where near what I do.

Anansi

Adjudicator

09-06-2009

So, in short, you're saying that Judicator's guide, with 6 possible builds, should be 6 different guides?

And because this guide is your opinion after a couple hours of play, you consider that enough to be referenced as a source of information?

Competitive games organize in communitites for a reason: so that people can discuss strategies, debate them, even get angry about it and then settle on "hey, this is pretty much what strategy X is about". But again, if you feel that you've got it all covered, or that your post should be locked to ensure your vision of Janna stays "intact" through time and serve as a historical document, then I guess I am also "crossing the line", and I won't bother you anymore.

Vangu

09-06-2009

Yes there should be six guides if there are six ways to play her. The way I play her is only one way to play her and there are many more ways people will find. I found a way I like and I do well with though all my games with her. This is a guide to give people a push in a direction that works well...not saying someone could not just take the suggested items and do well but that is besides the point. And as I said I have nothing against people putting input on the guide but once they come in my post and be total asses that is not needed. If the person on the first page said the ring was not a good item for her because ****** that would have been fine. But telling me I should delete my guide because I suggested an item he does not like...that should not happen.

As for you I can hardly believe you are being serious about the whole fifty guides in one post thing. If you want that make a post called "the many ways to play X champion" and get it over with. The only thing I do agree with you on are that guides should be edited often for improvements and I plan on doing that when I find better ways to play her as I never said I am a pro at playing this champion. I posted a guide on how I do play and again if people came in here with helpful comments this would still be on the first page. Just because you and most other people heere seem to have nothing but negitive things to say...

But as I was saying I do plan on keeping all my guides up-to-date if I still play the characters often when patches come out or I find better ways I like to play them.