Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Spell pen make MR negative?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EG LiuLiu

04-08-2010

Was this always the case or changed recently? I ask because I was shiving for 500+ with <200 AP and 40+ SP.

Punctuation

04-08-2010

: / im not sure, probably, i know armor can go negative.

looney

04-08-2010

Magic Penetration is not supposed to make your attacks as if the enemy has negative MR. It only lowers it to 0, same for the armor penetration.

znears

04-09-2010

Magic penetration cant lower MR into negative but magic resistance reduction can. But as far as i know magic resistance reduction is calculated before the penetration so you will rarely lower someones MR into negative.

Voidgolem

04-09-2010

Magic penetration can't.

Fiddle/Amumu/Abyssal Staff/Spellflux can. If the enemy's low to begin with.

EG LiuLiu

04-09-2010

Is shiv tooltip broken then? I'm definitely shiving more than what it says, about 10-20% more which would make sense taking the MP into consideration.

KirbyHero

Recruiter

04-09-2010

There was a recent patch, it's not unreasonable to test the magic pen again if no one has. Go to a practice game with some mage and test on minions.