A Proclamation From Yours Truly

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
1) "Punish" spamming is a dangerous game to play. We don't weight every result the same - our metrics analyze whether a false positive or false negative is more common and adjust your "judge rating" accordingly. It's actually much easier to pardon someone (requires less votes) than it is to punish them, and false positives really hinder your judge rating. We can also dynamically adjust that "harshness" if we are seeing an abundance of false positives.

2) Likewise, players who report others flagrantly are less impactful than players who wait many games and report one troll. We have a sort of "anti-tattle-tale" system in place that's being monitored pretty closely. It's something we've already made a lot of adjustments too since launch.

3) Again, I'm not a Player Support dude, so I can't speak to that.

4) As mentioned above, we're working on improving messaging.
Great! Thank you so much for the response, even though this isn't your department. It shows us that you DO care about us and that is good to know.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

06-26-2011
6 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheim View Post
So because you play more frequently and get abused more often you are punished by Riot for it by your reports meaning less?
Trust me - the system is pretty robust. It's not crying wolf when you're in the den.

Loheim

06-26-2011

Quote:
Trust me - the system is pretty robust. It's not crying wolf when you're in the den.
Fair enough. As long as it's not the frequency but the validity that determines it, that is just fine.

TonyTonyChopper

06-26-2011

Quote:
Thanks for your response, but what goes into thinking that its a false positive / false negative.

I'm just curious, but how are others able to judge the competitive environment that LoL seems to portray. RTS Games, derives with strategy, which leads to competitiveness. Competitiveness, may lead to trash talk, which mosft OFTEN begins when a player is non compliant with the team or brings a negative component to the team: ie: bad builds, continually dying and shows no sign of improvement. With the tribunal so far, there is no way of con notating certain events which may lead to such actions of accused player.

I or neither of my friends have EVER seen a player who has been in the tribunal for "refusal to communicate with the team" or "unskilled player" etc, as they continue to hinder the competitive environment LoL has to offer.

As one player pro-tribunal stated, its not bannable to be an unskilled player, as he is "pardoned" by the tribunal; but thats not the only aspect of it. It hinders / ruins the games for other players as they do not provide a negative component in regards to this team strategy game.

CrappyMMsystem

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUPERSAIYANSWAG View Post
As one player pro-tribunal stated, its not bannable to be an unskilled player, as he is "pardoned" by the tribunal; but thats not the only aspect of it. It hinders / ruins the games for other players as they do not provide a negative component in regards to this team strategy game.
That sounds awful risky, man. Sometimes we just have trouble landing skillshots or last hitting. This game is hard, y'know! At least I don't use naughty words - that ruins a game for 9 people whereas me feeding because I'm a go-tard doesn't harm anyone's enjoyment.

TehomCD

06-26-2011

I strongly feel a feature the Tribunal should add is the ability to click on specific lines that the accused said to flag them if you voted to punish, and then send the lines that got the most flags to the punished player. That removes any chance of abuse (since they'll only see things that they said themselves), provides the player with feedback on what other players found objectionable, and also gives the player a chance to appeal if the lines were mild or taken out of context.

TonyTonyChopper

06-26-2011

@Rioter. See the downvotes? Its from the players who are avidly pro-tribunal. As I'm trying to hold a conversation with you, these players habitually downvote.

Not like it matters, but the same could be said for how bias the system is as how it is ran by these biased players.

TonyTonyChopper

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehomCD View Post
I strongly feel a feature the Tribunal should add is the ability to click on specific lines that the accused said to flag them if you voted to punish, and then send the lines that got the most flags to the punished player. That removes any chance of abuse (since they'll only see things that they said themselves), provides the player with feedback on what other players found objectionable, and also gives the player a chance to appeal if the lines were mild or taken out of context.
Agree, but also provide screenshots. You can't directly read something and immediately as you know the feeling of the person who is being accused.

TonyTonyChopper

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrappyMMsystem View Post
That sounds awful risky, man. Sometimes we just have trouble landing skillshots or last hitting. This game is hard, y'know! At least I don't use naughty words - that ruins a game for 9 people whereas me feeding because I'm a go-tard doesn't harm anyone's enjoyment.
Sometimes its just easier to auto attack. Who cares if i lose! I almost just killed a minion. Woohoo!~

Ryedan

Visual Designer

06-26-2011
7 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUPERSAIYANSWAG View Post
Thanks for your response, but what goes into thinking that its a false positive / false negative.

I'm just curious, but how are others able to judge the competitive environment that LoL seems to portray. RTS Games, derives with strategy, which leads to competitiveness. Competitiveness, may lead to trash talk, which mosft OFTEN begins when a player is non compliant with the team or brings a negative component to the team: ie: bad builds, continually dying and shows no sign of improvement. With the tribunal so far, there is no way of con notating certain events which may lead to such actions of accused player.

I or neither of my friends have EVER seen a player who has been in the tribunal for "refusal to communicate with the team" or "unskilled player" etc, as they continue to hinder the competitive environment LoL has to offer.

I shouldn't define false positives/ negatives because it might influence your verdict(s). I'm just letting people know that the system has a BUNCH of configurable fields to allow us to reduce/eliminate abuse cases. Just vote how you feel and report how you feel.

Also,
Improving the competitive environment of LoL is not the job of the Tribunal. Like, at all. There's a clear distinction between not having fun because my allies suck and not having fun because I feel like even my allies are viciously attacking me. Having bad allies makes people feel like "well, next time I might have a better team *queue*" while getting harassed makes you uncomfortable enough to probably log off.