A Proclamation From Yours Truly

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

06-26-2011
3 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loheim View Post
You guys should try telling summoners in the ban email why they were banned. Saying at some point in time you broke one of the following 5 offenses doesn't really help.
Absolutely. I think this is something we're considering. We already thought of adding the "reason" box to the tribunal punish/pardon select, but forwarding those directly to the end user could result in a lot of abuse (I.E. - I can write extremely racist/offensive stuff in that field and it gets sent directly to their personal email). I also think it defeats the purpose if we have to monitor those comments in addition to the rest of the case file and spend MORE time per-capita.

Also, in the case of EU - many different languages coexist on the servers, so we can't even guarantee you'll understand the reasons the jurors banned you anyway.

We're working on some alternate solutions to improve that messaging - it sucks to be banned and not know why. More than anything, we want players to rectify their behavior rather than quit.

Loheim

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
Absolutely. I think this is something we're considering. We already thought of adding the "reason" box to the tribunal punish/pardon select, but forwarding those directly to the end user could result in a lot of abuse (I.E. - I can write extremely racist/offensive stuff in that field and it gets sent directly to their personal email). I also think it defeats the purpose if we have to monitor those comments in addition to the rest of the case file and spend MORE time per-capita.

Also, in the case of EU - many different languages coexist on the servers, so we can't even guarantee you'll understand the reasons the jurors banned you anyway.

We're working on some alternate solutions to improve that messaging - it sucks to be banned and not know why. More than anything, we want players to rectify their behavior rather than quit.
Thank you. Also the backlogged cases that get you double banned is pretty detrimental in the same way. How is it a warning if you're warned after you've been punished?

SimplyAlive

06-26-2011

That's great to hear Ryedan, thanks.

Loheim

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
That's great to hear Ryedan, thanks.
Great to hear from any red really. It's been a while.

TonyTonyChopper

06-26-2011

Quote:

Would you mind answering me, why let the tribunal exist when there are more flaws to be fixed? I thought the point of the tribunal was at first to see if it would work within this environment, and then slightly adjust the number of cases to judge as the community reacts positively to it?

Ever since the 10 cases were put into effect, there what seems to be a spike of negative connotation in regards to the community of LoL. As more of these players who judge in the tribunal seem to show minimal experience of LoL / competitive environments, simply by looking into their profile, how are they to judge what is abuse and what is not.

Also, do riot employees look after each case, per line, or is it by how many pardons / punish has been accumulated against the reported? As you stated, there would be more work per capita. Is that the reason why there are generic emails? And somewhat of a coverup that riot employees do not look after each case, per line, but per pardon / punishes?

Ryedan

Visual Designer

06-26-2011
4 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
Ty for the response.

I don't think we need alot of specific information of banned people. We just need clarification on how the Tribunal works exactly.

Some things that have been heavily discussed on these forums:
-How are people spamming punish to farm IP being dealt with?
-What will be done against people who falsely report other players?
-How do Riot employees judge cases? Do they keep the punish rate of the players into account, or do they judge without it?
-Why doesn't Riot give specific reasons of their bans in the e-mails send to the banned?
etc. (Feel free to add more)

I understand if you can't answer questions like these, but it would be amazing if you could forward them to someone who can.

Thanks in advance!
1) "Punish" spamming is a dangerous game to play. We don't weight every result the same - our metrics analyze whether a false positive or false negative is more common and adjust your "judge rating" accordingly. It's actually much easier to pardon someone (requires less votes) than it is to punish them, and false positives really hinder your judge rating. We can also dynamically adjust that "harshness" if we are seeing an abundance of false positives.

2) Likewise, players who report others flagrantly are less impactful than players who wait many games and report one troll. We have a sort of "anti-tattle-tale" system in place that's being monitored pretty closely. It's something we've already made a lot of adjustments too since launch.

3) Again, I'm not a Player Support dude, so I can't speak to that.

4) As mentioned above, we're working on improving messaging.

Cupiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUPERSAIYANSWAG View Post
Would you mind answering me, why let the tribunal exist when there are more flaws to be fixed? I thought the point of the tribunal was at first to see if it would work within this environment, and then slightly adjust the number of cases to judge as the community reacts positively to it?

Ever since the 10 cases were put into effect, there what seems to be a spike of negative connotation in regards to the community of LoL. As more of these players who judge in the tribunal seem to show minimal experience of LoL / competitive environments, simply by looking into their profile, how are they to judge what is abuse and what is not.

Also, do riot employees look after each case, per line, or is it by how many pardons / punish has been accumulated against the reported? As you stated, there would be more work per capita. Is that the reason why there are generic emails? And somewhat of a coverup that riot employees do not look after each case, per line, but per pardon / punishes?
The issue of minimal experience is fixed with there being a level 30 requirement. To get to level 30, you need many many hours of experience, unavoidably. Many of these players have been abused, and some forms of abuse are just blatantly obvious.

Falleth

06-26-2011

We really don't need that troll reviewing reports.

Ryedan

Visual Designer

06-26-2011
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOUPERSAIYANSWAG View Post
Cases that result in a warning are quite automated (most people receive warnings on their first trip to the tribunal). To that end, I agree the messaging is vague and can be improved.

Anything above that I'm certain is audited.

Loheim

06-26-2011

Quote:

2) Likewise, players who report others flagrantly are less impactful than players who wait many games and report one troll. We have a sort of "anti-tattle-tale" system in place that's being monitored pretty closely. It's something we've already made a lot of adjustments too since launch.
So because you play more frequently and get abused more often you are punished by Riot for it by your reports meaning less?