Kennen guide - what items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranike

04-08-2010

The new character, Kennen is in one main way similar to twisted fate, people use ability power with them. Although you can use an ability power Kennen, the ratio between how much AP you have to the +damage of the skills is fairly, and not just for one skill but for all of them. This is why i searched for a new build for him and decided to stick with attack speed and attack power, like my build for twisted fate. I can't help but feel that Kennen's skills, while they do deal damage, are mainly for his passive (mark of the storm) so you can get a stun off on and enemy.

Items:
Berserkers grieves - gives move speed and attack speed

Phantom dancer - Gives move speed, attack speed, crit chance and dodge (the crit chance and dodge are just extras, but very helpful ones at that).

Infinity edge - attack damage, crit chance and larger crits.

Sword of the divine - lots of attack speed, unique passive (every forth attack deals 100 extra magic damage) and unique active (your attacks can not be dodged and you gain 30 armour penetration for 5 seconds)

Blood thirster - attack damage and life steal (life steal is always helpful)

Frozen mallet - health, damage and unique passive (attacks slow targets move speed for 2.5 seconds)

Abilities:
Thundering shuriken - I find that this is a harassing skill or to get the last mark of the storm counter on them if they're running away with 2 already on them for a stun. it does deal damage, but the hit range is literally the size of the shuriken which is very small and it travels fast, so it has to be precise.

Electrical surge - now this is a very useful skill because of it's passive (the active is also ridiculous) at level 5 of this skill, every fifth attack deals 80% of your attack damage, hence the reason for attack power. But that's not all, every fifth attack not only deals the extra damage, but also adds a mark of the storm counter. For that reason, attack speed is very useful to have lots of.

Lightning rush - A very good escape ability, but also good for damage and to put a mark of the storm counter up. Good for chasing down heroes or just getting around places.

Slicing Maelstrom (ulti) - this is good to open up team battles with, but it's also good for mid way team battles because unlike the opening of one, the enemies would already have 1 or 2 mark of the storm counters on them. The first strike against each enemy hero puts a mark of the storm on them, so if you lightning rush in cast electrical surge and ulti it means that you have an aoe stun.

Mark of the storm (passive) - The center of my build for Kennen. The stun is easy to get off if you use his skills properly and with very fast attack speed along with electrical surge and you can get stuns of quite regularly.

If you're not going great, then alter the build to your liking, but don't mix this build with other builds (ability power and attack damage probably wont work great together). This build does work well, so either use it well or don't use it at all.

Picture attached is of full build in a practice game. Full stacks on blood thirster. My masteries have effected my attack damage, but that is all.

To sum it up, this is an expensive build for Kennen that does work and adds variety to just a plain AP build.

Don't bother comenting if you have nothing good or useful to say.

Godrek

04-08-2010

To each his own I guess

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

You already posted this...

At least TRY a real game before posting this ****.

Ranike

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
You already posted this...

At least TRY a real game before posting this ****.
I did try it in a real game and i did win it, it worked really well. The reason I'm posting this again is because people misinterpreted what i said in my other post and this one just has more detail about why i use those items.

Armegaddon

04-08-2010

Its hard to say, lets give it time and see if riot buffs his AP ratio and if they do this build may become irrelevant, but for now I can see how it could work, maybe not the best but... It'll do.

Armegaddon

04-08-2010

oh and and could u take a picture of your masteries so everyone can see what they are if they wanna follow this build?

Ranike

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armegaddon View Post
oh and and could u take a picture of your masteries so everyone can see what they are if they wanna follow this build?
I never really change my masteries, but ill take a picture and post it of what i was using.

Ranike

04-08-2010

For those people that want to play an ability power Kennen, go ahead, but there'll be plenty of other people wanting to use him with a build like mine.

Churchy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Friend of Urf

04-08-2010

What game did you try this in?
A 45 minute game where you just farmed endlessly?

Your build costs 16500g and has ZERO survivability.
It's terrible.
Play some real games and realize this please.

Godrek

04-08-2010

Your mastery takes an extra .5% dodge chance over 15% mPen too...