Renekton good pick?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KingD0mo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

06-25-2011

hey just wondering if renekton is a champ worth playing. i have heard mixed things about him. and would u like to have a renekton in your team? is he viable in higher elo games?

Tenronth

06-25-2011

No .

TheCowGoes

06-25-2011

Any reason why? I've been wondering about this too, he seems fun.

Cuix

06-26-2011

Absolutely. He's got fair CC, nice damage output, a lot of beefiness, and is just really fun to play alongside. I'unno, I've always liked him.

Gunflame

06-26-2011

What elo are you? Does it even matter if high elo players tell you he is ****?

Anyways, he has one of the longest dashes in the game thanks to his double dash. In lane he is very very good because he has a self heal, aoe, gap closer, stun, and a double dash that goes through terrain and can be use for in-out tactics, or out out (run away) or in in (for ganks) can be used for escaping.

He does good damage (especially aoe damage), he does physical damage (very rare for a good aoe champion). He can tower dive like a boss and many tanky items have good sinergy with him. Atma, ghistblade, sunfire, visage, ionian boots.

He is not godly but he is definetly good. Personally he is the only ad champion i can play well and i actually enjoy him. I'm more a caster/mage kind of player. I don't play wareick or irelia, but renek just works for me.

Also he can jungle well enough. Not the best but it works.

StyrTW

06-26-2011

Renekton is very fun, although he isn't the best at what he does. His heal from Q was nerfed but he is still one of the top bruisers imo. His manaless resource is very versatile for his toolkit; you can double your stun length or shred armor or do more damage/more healing. Plus he can dash through walls which is what every great bruiser has. He does good in teamfights with his aoe toolkit. His laning phase is usually what makes or breaks the croc however. Get some good farm in or a few kills and you become a beast XD

He's less of a tank then jarvan but certainly is more dps orientated than J4. Also if you play Renekton prepare to get ragged on for playing an 'easymode spam champ'

Bigfatasian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2011

Max out W at level 9, and save up 50 fury, then use E to catch up to/finish em up. You will own everything.

Roel Yento

06-26-2011

I main him though i play normals, not ranked. Are you high ELO? If so, should probably learn him before trying ranked with him anyways. He is awesome in laning phase and great at interupting ulties or locking down out of place champs and people running away. Took me a while to find a setup i like with him but finally found one and it works great for me. He is great at tearing squishies apart too.

Never slice and dice in all the way unless you are going for the kill. Only slice in to do Rutheless predator and cull with maybe an auto attack in between then dice out. Try to harrass people down when you have 50+ rage. Renekton puts out some good burst with his combo but shouldn't try to right click someone down to win. You have long cool downs and until you have ionian boots and a brutalizer, you generally won't have most abilities come off cool down during a fight to use again.

Cull is great at last hits on creeps and for building up rage quickly. Always start with W for team fights at start for blue or for aggressive start in lane. If starting playing defensively, go with Q then E. I generally go W, E, Q then prioritize R>Q>W>E. Some people prefer maxing E to lower the cooldown for moving in or getting away more often. Others Prefer W since it wrecks your target if you have 50+ rage. I like the spamability of Q with the little bit of heal. Heal is more like a bonus to it, only helps a little. The aoe damage is the main feature of Q.

I go 21/8/1 using exhaust and ghost. with armor pen reds and 1 quint. 2 move speed quints, flat armor yellows or dodge are good, and cooldown per level blues (8) and 1 mr blue lol. Most people will say go 21 in defense but i like the better early game damage and he has good health and armor with a Doran's shield to start.

My build is Doran's shield, Ionian Boots, Brutalizer, Black Cleaver, Randuins, Force of Nature, Frozen mallet, finish Yomumu's. Build in the order as needed but rush ionian boots and brutalizer for the cooldown. Other situational items are Aegis, guardian angel, hex drinker, atmas (nice on him for his ulti + frozen mallet), Merc treads, last whisper and Spirit visage (spirit is nice if you get merc treads for health and cooldown reduction). Black cleaver is a must in your build if you want to shread through peoples armor with W since it procs it 3 times with 50 rage.

This works for me, try out some different setups and see if he fits your playstyle. Definitely a fun champ and can really take advantage of spur of the moment situations with his skill set.

Runzo

06-26-2011

Never lost a ranked game with renekton yet.

Modevasion

06-26-2011

I think the demise of renekton was greatly exaggerated..

He has a strong lane presence, but really shines with a solo lane.

Can tower dive like a boss... and is a very good bruiser.. probably the most balanced out of all of them imo.

He's a lot of fun, who cares if he's not OP?