Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

6300 champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheColonelducky

06-25-2011

I have enough ip to get a 6300 champion but im thinking i should get vladimir, malzahar, or karthus.. who is the better champion?

Jazz Bat

06-25-2011

That's a tough one. Vladmir is probably the best, but I don't know anymore after the nerf he got, i've heard he got pretty weak from it. If not Vladmir, Malzahar. He can dish out lots of damage with his AoE and silence.Oh yeah, his ultimate can easily wipe out somebody, and you get a little pet.

mlrsquirrels

06-25-2011

Both Malzahar and Vladimir are my favorite champions so either one would be good. Vladimir is great for staying out a while and Malzahar is great for getting kills with his stun and dots. Really to help you decide you should watch a champion spotlight for each on youtube.

LionsXe

06-25-2011

well if you watch the spotlight remember they have changed alot since then, ill go for vladimir even with all the nerfs he is fun to play because he doesnt need mana and has great potencial.

SovereignV

06-25-2011

I was considering asking this question, I'm in the same boat as OP. I'm also considering Swain.

NightStealth

06-25-2011

karthus is great for taking out groups and minions and heros if you can slow or stun them
Vladmir deals crazy amount of damage with aoe and focus restores his own health and can escape/dodge most spells
Malazar has great cc with his silence wall and ult which stuns and can dish out alot of aoe and focus

NightStealth

06-25-2011

Karthus deals alot of aoe damage against champion and minions with his ult he can hit and probably kill any champ with low health running away
Vlad can deal a whole bunch of focus damage and can easily take down whole groups of enemies with his pool while regaining hp so great survivablility if you add his pool
Malazar can kill almost any champion if he unload his spells and his has amazing CC with his silence and Ultimate stun
But if you play any of these characters right they will be amazing

Lizto

06-25-2011

Quote:
SovereignV:
I was considering asking this question, I'm in the same boat as OP. I'm also considering Swain.

That sir, is a good Champion. To be honest, when I read this thread, and OP mentioned 3 6.3k casters, first thing that came to mind was NO NO NO WRONG, YOU GOT IT ALL WRONG.

Vlad is good, but his firepower is small in comparison to the other casters.
Karthus is good, but hes too easily shut down, too squishy and all in all too weak to do anything on his own.
Malzahar, a great pick he can land a full combo and guarantee a kill, his ult is on a short cooldown, but its easily shut down with a QSS and stun yourself for around 2 seconds.

My champions of choice:

Swain, just like Malz, a full combo will almost certainly guarantee a kill, unless its a tank. however hes tankier, has better lane sustainability, doesnt have a voidling revealing his position. He can also be QSS'd, however, if someone does that youre not almost helpless for a while, you just wait 10 seconds and go for another possible kill. Con on Swain, mp usage.

Anivia, she wont be killing anyone within a few seconds(from full to zero), she simply does not have the burst, she does however have good "sustained", a stun/slow, an aoe slow and her wall, mp intensive, but not nearly as much as Swain. Anivia also has her passive which is very valuable during a teamfight, making the enemy having to decide if they should focus on an egg that doesnt deal damage anyway when they could be finishing your team off, forcing the enemy to make choices during a team fight puts your team at a psychological advantage, believe it or not.

In terms of difficulty:

Vladimir being easiest, Malzahar, Swain, Karthus, Anivia being hardest.

YokoDervenOmega

06-25-2011

well having only played Malzahar I don't really know about the others, but even with QSS malzahar isn't useless without his ult, in fact most of the time I only use his ult to snag an enemy who didn't run away fast enough, letting my dps/ad carry finish them, especially late game. His AoE silence is DoT based on a % of the enemy's health is what makes him great. I've laned easily in 2 v 1 , 3 v 1, and even a few 4 v 1 situations where I was able to keep the other team at bay and even managed to kill a member of the other team. And if someone buys the QSS that means they have 1 less item to help them with their build offensively, and although the ability is nice, to me it's kind of a waste of an item slot, but that's just me.

Also, there's that akward moment mid-late game where everyone is in one lane but nobody wants to start the fight.. well malzahar has such great range he can chip away at the other team's health, allowing your TEAM to enter the fight full, while the other team is at 3/4 or even 1/2 health. And nothing turns the tide of a fight more that dealing 800 damage as well as silencing every member on the opposite team. (Not to mention his cd's are only 5 seconds with full CDR, allowing you to spam your attacks like crazy with blue buff) Not to mention you deal massive damage to enemy tanks if you can manage to surpress them over you W (which isn't that hard..)

Of course that is just me talking up malz, I haven't really played the others nearly as much as I have malzahar so I can't really help you out there. But I've played against all of them, and really the only one i've had trouble with so far is vlad :/ but a well placed silence makes everything better

TheColonelducky

06-27-2011

Thanks for all the feedback guys... you guys have helped me a lot