For the Annie's who started with Guise..

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tanerian

04-08-2010

Playing Annie, I almost always started out with Guise because of the cheap Cooldown + the beginning hp/mana regen from charm/bead was useful early game.

Now Haunting Guise isn't really an item I care to buy.

For anyone else who started out the same way, what do you do now?

Today I've been starting out with Meki Pendant to build into Deathfire mask eventually. I'm able to afford an extra HP pot so I guess it kind of balances out with what I'm used to.

I sometimes skipped Deathfire all together tho in my previous games, now I kind of feel like I have to get it considering I lose my main cool down item with the Guise change.

So if you usually got Haunting Guise, what do you get now?

StevoPhilo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

Honestly I skip haunting guise and normally go arch or rod. Haunting guise WAS a great item, but everyone seems to like the lifesteal/ spell vamp even though it literally does nothing. Might save you barely in a game, but thats about it.

Zhonya

04-08-2010

To be honest, I would not recommend Meki as a starting item. Start with Sapp Cystal and x2 pots, and build this into Catalyst on your first blue pill, picking up Boots of Speed and a Tome (if you can afford it) while you're at it. Alternatively you can start with a Tome or Doran's Ring and a pot, but really it depends on a lot on your runes and masteries. In either case, having Catalyst, Boots of Speed, and Tome for mid game is an extremely viable base set of gear with many options available depending on the match. If survivability is an issue, you can go Banshee's/Rod, Merc Treads, and Rylai's Scepter, or even skip Catalyst from the start and rush the new Glacial Shroud for some solid armor, cooldown reduction, and mana (since it is now built with a Sapp Crystal). If you are getting a great farm or just stomping on some faces, you can get Sorc Shoes, Mejai's, and then decide how and when you want to upgrade your Catalyst. If you want the early cooldown reduction, however, or you are just not very fond of a Mejai's build (I wouldn't blame you), then build a Codex. Good luck and happy Tibbers nuking =)

Cheers,
Zhonya

Tanerian

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevoPhilo View Post
Honestly I skip haunting guise and normally go arch or rod. Haunting guise WAS a great item, but everyone seems to like the lifesteal/ spell vamp even though it literally does nothing. Might save you barely in a game, but thats about it.

Well I don't get guise since the patch. I used to when it had Hp/Mana regen and Cooldown %

Do you really get Arch on Annie? I don't find it to be a very useful item on her. I generally do not need the mana/mana regen and I don't think the AP boost is very significant. I'd rather go Zhonya's or some such for a higher price.

Previously my build was

Bead/Charm for Guise + 1 hp pot(Mana/hp regen for the laneing period)
Rod of Ages (asap)
Guise (Cheap to finish off)
Boots1 > Sorc/Swift/Merc depending
Rylai's
Zhonya's
Whatever Else i need

Now I'm skipping Guise and have been going (experimenting with)

Meki Pendant 2 hp Pots
Rod of Ages (asap)
Boots 1
Deathfire Grasp
Boots 2
Rylai's
Zhonya's

Anything after Rylai's is subject to change depending on who I'm facing and mY teammates. But by the time I get Rylai's I'm pushing 3k hp with enough AP to do significant burst.

I know a lot of people did not go Haunting Guise at all which is why I wanted to ask around to see how those who did, adjusted their build since this latest patch.

Runes/Masteries puts me at about 20% Cooldown so I always liked to grab 1 Cooldown item and try to keep up with Golem buff.

Not a huge fan of Deathfire, I feel like I'm spending a lot of extra money on some stuff I don't need, but I'm not sure what else to get. Maxing cool downs on Annie has been very helpful for team battles.

As far as Mejai's goes.. I never really list it in my builds, but depending on how the game is going, I get it.

Tanerian

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhonya View Post
Honestly Meki is not an item I would recommend to start. Start with Sapp Cystal and x2 pots, and build this into Catalyst on your first blue pill, picking up Boots of Speed and a Tome (if you can afford it) while you're at it. Alternatively you can start with a Tome or Doran's Ring and a pot. In either case, having Catalyst, Boots of Speed, and Tome is an extremely viable base set of gear for mid game with many options available depending on the match. If survivability is an issue, you can go Banshee's/Rod, Merc Treads, and Rylai's Scepter, or even skip Catalyst from the start and rush the new Glacial Shroud for some solid armor (since it is now built with a Sapp Crystal). If you are getting fed or just stomping on some faces, you can get Sorc Shoes, Mejai's, and then decide how and when you want to upgrade your Catalyst. If you want the early cooldown reduction, however, or you are just not very fond of a Mejai's build (I wouldn't blame you), then build a Codex. Good luck and happy Tibbers nuking =)

Cheers,
Zhonya

Yeah I suppose I don't have to build the Deathfire.. I could stop at tome for the same 10% cool down. Maybe I'll play with that.

As for starting out with Saph crystal I might have to try it.

Lolily

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I do what Zhonya does and start off with sapphire and the pots (or alternatively, tome and a pot). I try making Ages priority, because it's something that builds over time. Catalyst is also GREAT early game!

I used to get Haunting Guise but I find I prefer getting other things first, better. Well, now that the item's been remade I don't really get it to begin with - only later on if I feel like it.

Insanious

Recruiter

04-08-2010

New haunting guise =

+ HP
+ MPen
+ AP

= great caster item

- More survivability
- Magic pen something FEW items have. (Sorc boots + Haunting = -40MR means most people are at 0 by the time you get haunting)
- 20Ap = +dmg to go with that MPen

Still looks useful to me.

Xtofervs

04-08-2010

dorans ring or saph crystal
Sorc boots
RoA
Rylai or Void Staff

Voidgolem

04-08-2010

Nobody ever thinks of mpen as a good stat. It baffles me.

Rasks

04-08-2010

I always built haunting guise first because of the magic pen (really the main reason to buy it). Now, it's so much BETTER. Not only does it give that needed magic pen, it helps with health and AP for more damage! I do miss the mana regen a bit, so I'm having to play around with my build, but the new guise is still great. You should try it.