Veigar build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

i hear a lot of people recommending deathfire grasp and lichbane, would either of these be useful? also whats the best item to rush?

wildfire393

04-08-2010

Either or both of these items are quite useful on Veigar, as they effectively give him more nukes. All he can really do is single-target nukes (as his W and E are very difficult to successfully land), so you may as well get the most out of it. Deathfire -> Baleful -> Lichbane Hit -> Primordial can take down most opponents.

Just don't rush Lichbane, the damage it deals as Lichbane rather than sheen isn't that great until you have another source of AP.

PhoenixBomb

04-08-2010

What I would reccomend for Veigar, as of this patch, is probably something like this...

Saphire + pots
-> Tear + boots1
-> Haunting Guise
Here's where it gets hazy. You really need more health, and could probably use some mana (depending on how many people want golem), but it's kinda late to go for a RoA, and a Banshee's, while good, may cut your damage down too much. I'd probably go either Rylai's or Banshee's at this point. So...
-> Giant's Belt or Catalyst + Boots2
-> Finish Rylai's or RoA/Banshee's
-> Finish Archangel's.

This is probably as far as you'll get. Alternatives could be getting Zhonya's instead of finishing Archangel's...if you find yourself getting focused a lot, it may be the better item to rush.

Zeforus

04-08-2010

Lichbane takes too much gold to farm, it would only be an luxury item. Core items are generally Haunt/Sorc Boots/ Deathfire... that's about all you need to destroy players who dont have over 60MR and 2k hp

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-08-2010

I usually get a archangel's staff as at level 18 it can give up to 115 ap. Would deathfire grasp e a better pick?

BDod6

04-08-2010

Deathfire is well worth it for Veigar. Deathfire + Void will allow you to take out ANY character in the game, including tanks.

Dont' get Tear. Get Clarity and forget ANY mana items.

I Use Revive

04-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDod6 View Post
Dont' get Tear. Get Clarity and forget ANY mana items.
Don't get clarity. It's probably one of the most useless spells, especially late game when mana isn't a problem. Just get some tier 1 or 2 mana regen runes, so early game you have an advantage. cheap page can add 5 to 7 mp per 5. If you solo mid with that and dorans you won't have mana problems.

Or lane with a supporter's mana manip. Pretty nice too.

Also, tying deathfire's next game i play.

Eladir

04-08-2010

Lichbane, too expensive not a fan of it. Deathfire though is a great item, I'll say necessary with the situation now with W+E hard to rely on. The build I've settled lately is:

Meki Pendant->Chalice of Harmony
Boots
Kage lucky pick->Deathfire
Sorceror's boots
Meja soulstealer

Then you can go different paths according to the game, I almost always go for Void Stuff and Abyssal Scepter. If you can't stay much alive you can go for rod of ages or banshees veil.

Strategy in the game, you play very defensively in the beginning last hitting creep and building your AP. Once your W hits lvl3 you start farming creep casters. After you get Deathfire you can engage enemy players, you'll be able to nuke some of them. After Meja Soulstealer you must get into some battles and get kills or at least assissts. Careful though not to become easy target for opponents, as the game proceeds they'll start noticing you so stay a bit back and be extra careful against stealth. End-game your role will be to 1)aoe stun and do some aoe dmg if possible 2)nuke a specific opponent fast.

PS: Only flaw I find playing like this are some of the non-mana characters, you just can't do much damage to them and most of the times they are a waste of your cds. Specially Shen....it's impossible for me to kill him 1vs1 even if he's not full health.
PS2: Wish there were more -CD+AP items.