@Riot Rational Shaco Requests

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phonike

06-24-2011

I keep hearing a lot of talk about revamping shaco and I really do not understand the communities expectations for shaco. He has the great if not the greatest skill set for escaping death. He has good stable dps. In my mind he is one of the best champions conceptually, balance wise, and in utility.

I am begging you riot do not give in to these wave of posts calling for large reworks of shaco.Just fix the most glaring issues that are not working as intended.

*BUGS* SUBMITTED HERE http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=897901 CLICK TO VIEW PROGRESSION / POST TO GET OFFICIAL RESPONSE
-Fix the disappearing shiv from champions entering a bush the same time you throw.
-Fix the Visibility problems with JitB
-Fix the bug where you deceive next to a champion and if you deceive to close you stand idle.

-As for the questionable "tells" about the clone either fix the map icon and clone inventory or let people know you intend there to be a way to tell the clone from the real shaco. Honestly I am fine with this either way it just forces you to be more creative.

That's it! He needs no buff at all and he doesn't need rollbacked to his deploy JitB while stealthed. He is pretty much perfect as is.

Please! Don't dumb down one of the more complex and interesting champions for the majority. He is supposed to be challenging to play, to me that is what makes him fun.

My first 5 games today I played Shaco just to try to validate my claims a little bit though I know most likely it will just further fuel the massive amount of passive aggression I can feel about to come my way from the community. I'm not trying to say that I am the greatest shaco player around, I am just trying to show my perspective and you could see from my view the results do not reflect an underpowered "useless" champion.

Just for some context:
4 of the games ended in surrender all of which I voted no for.
The only full game was the second to the top one.
This is my alternate account it has a just over 700 games played.

To the people that are down voting me I invite you to articulate exactly what you have a issue with and why? If you disagree that is fine but something to justify your downvote would be appreciated.Mindlessly downvoting all of my posts only tells me you don't like what i'm saying, not posting why just tells me you don't have a good reason for your disagreement.I am glad to see this post has sparked some discussion about shaco, I only request that you guys please try to keep things respectful of other players and try to focus on the issues you disagree with and why.

Unicorn Giggles1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phonike View Post
I keep hearing a lot of talk about revamping shaco and I really do not understand the communities expectations for shaco. He has the great if not the greatest skill set for escaping death. He has good stable dps. In my mind he is one of the best champions conceptually, balance wise, and utility.

I am begging you riot do not give in to these wave of posts calling for large reworks of shaco.Just fix the most glaring issues that are not working as intended.

-Fix the disappearing shiv from champions entering a bush the same time you throw.
-Fix the bug where you deceive next to a champion and if you deceive to close you stand idle.

-As for the questionable "tells" about the clone either fix the map icon and clone inventory or let people know you intend there to be a way to tell the clone from the real shaco. Honestly I am fine with this either way it just forces you to be more creative.

That's it! He needs no buff at all and he doesn't need rollbacked to his deploy JitB while stealthed. He is pretty much perfect as is.

Please! Don't dumb down one of the more complex and interesting champions for the majority. He is supposed to be challenging to play, to me that is what makes him fun.

My first 5 games today I played Shaco just to try to validate my claims a little bit though I know most likely it will just further fuel the massive amount of passive aggression I can feel about to come my way from the community. I'm not trying to say that I am the greatest shaco player around, I am just trying to show my perspective and you could see from me view the results to not reflect an underpowered champion. I have about 700 games on my 2nd account alone.
4 of the games ended in surrender all of which I voted no for. The only full game was the second to the top one.
Compare him to someone like Nocturne (Someone who is supposed to fill in Shaco's role) and you'll see why he needs a buff. Although all of the Shaco bugs should be fixed as well, I think the following things should be applied.

- JitB can no longer be affected by spells while invis (or just 75% reduced AoE damage taken)

- Shaco is now manaless/uses energy

- Base health OR damage increased.

Everything else about him is ok, with the exception of deceive lasting .5s shorter, but I doubt Riot will do anything about that.

KingTheTyrant

06-24-2011

Playing him in normal means nothing. Play him in ranked against players that are picking champs they are trying to win with. Many people only play normal when they are trying to learn new champs.

Phonike

06-24-2011

I thank you for your respectful response. Though I do largely disagree. Nocturne does not have anywhere near the ability to escape that shaco does. I do not really even think nocturne and shaco are that like of a comparison.

Phonike

06-24-2011

Many champions are not quite fit for Ranked. For reasons that are beyond a question of balanced champions. As far as balance goes playing ranked is not a good measure. After all the champions were all balanced and intended for 5v5 normal. To talk about 3v3 or ranked which came after is a entirely different discussion.

Unicorn Giggles1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2011

Quote:
I thank you for your respectful response. Though I do largely disagree. Nocturne does not have anywhere near the ability to escape that shaco does. I do not really even think nocturne and shaco are that like of a comparison.
Looking back on it, I do understand where you are coming from, I'm just going from the fact that tons of people say that Noct is Shaco 2.0, I can see where they are right and where they are wrong (Both of them have amazing ganks from the jungle, which are practically insecapeable). He also does not fit in ANYWHERE in the current metagame, or with any of the newer champs. Right now, he seems to be a champ picked when someone is bored and just wants to play a different champ.

Phonike

06-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unicorn Giggles1 View Post
Looking back on it, I do understand where you are coming from, I'm just going from the fact that tons of people say that Noct is Shaco 2.0, I can see where they are right and where they are wrong (Both of them have amazing ganks from the jungle, which are practically insecapeable). He also does not fit in ANYWHERE in the current metagame, or with any of the newer champs. Right now, he seems to be a champ picked when someone is bored and just wants to play a different champ.
Not every champ is Ranked bound and I think that is ok, I'm not saying shaco isn't good for ranked only because I personally have not had that experience.You have made some very good points but people need to realize that ranked is where mostly team oriented champions shine.They still need carries but not every carry is used and that doesn't mean something is wrong with the champion it just means the champion does not fit the niche type of gameplay that is ranked.

Phonike

06-25-2011

bump!~

Prometheius

06-25-2011

Quote:
Not every champ is Ranked bound and I think that is ok, I'm not saying shaco isn't good for ranked only because I personally have not had that experience.You have made some very good points but people need to realize that ranked is where mostly team oriented champions shine.They still need carries but not every carry is used and that doesn't mean something is wrong with the champion it just means the champion does not fit the niche type of gameplay that is ranked.
Except the game IS balanced around making ranked accessible for EVERY champion.

IS1e3cc613d0d6d0

06-25-2011

Shaco is strong against unorganised teams - hence he is great in solo queue. But when playing against premade teams with good communication Shaco's is too easy counter to be really viable imo.

Because you can easily stop him at the beginning and he has a hard time catching up if he isn't successfull early game.

Still i think it shouldn't be possible to differentiate between him and his clone and Jitb shouldn't be affected by AoE so that Shaco isn't in need of being fed to be useful in team fights.

Split pushing doesn't always work...Especially against organised teams.