Yorick really worth buying? or he just so so

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wiggy68

06-24-2011

he seems to have a life bar from hell.... but not much on dps side most the kills ive seen him get are more ks than straight up ... but i may be wrong as i dont own him but thats also why im askin no?

FareWars

06-24-2011

Until they re-work him, he is not worth buying.

Destabilizator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2011

Yeah, wait for patch.

Pivu

06-24-2011

Buy him, master him, wait for patch, proceed to pwn.

Irafero

06-24-2011

He is a nice tanky/dps/harass. His Q has a 100% dp ratio, and his ghouls are annoying as hell to the other team. Not to mention that if you come up on a turret with just you and a couple minions you can cast your ult on yourself and then for 10 seconds there are two of you wailing on the turret and considering his high damage it makes solo pushing a turret easy. My overall opinion is while there are better tanks for sure, and much better dps, heck even way better harassers, as a total package he is worth buying and worth playing if those are the kind of rolls you like playing. If you don't believe he is worth it, just watch how much people complain about playing against him.

O?rajt

06-24-2011

Honestly i saw more people complaining to play WITH him not AGAISNT. Yes i saw many people that reacted this way when they saw Yorick in champion selection: "Omg not yorick!" and left. There are so many people who consider Yorick useless so far that i think he will be redone.

An Falchu

06-25-2011

his ult seems a bit useless. throw it out and watch it be focused pronto, and then the champ you wanted to revive dies anyways, just a few seconds later. but the rest of the skills seem pretty entertaining and useful. just gotta figure out the best build for him to maximize the potential of his ghouls.

GloryBox

06-25-2011

no one seems to use him right. hes got huge potencial, but i havnt seen a good build on him yet. bruiser seems the way to go, but i dont like the trinity route.

Frozen heart seems really good on him. im considering banshees, frozen, manamune and merc/tabi( i run dodge seals+2quints). not in that order of course

Felix67

06-25-2011

Yorick is more of a late game champion.People are complaining because 1)there isnt any reliable build found yet 2)they just like their new champ to faceroll from lvl 1 with little effort . From the builds i tested, 1 works great from lvl 12 and on,and the other gives him a better start but less effectivness later.

I suggest

Late Game Power:
manamune
inonian boots
warmongs
atmas
These are the core,with trinity or BV at the end.Give everything yorick needs,and u are rly usefull in fights.

Better Early Game:
chalice
ionian boots
aegis of the legion
sheen
(thinking bout nasus? :P )
Aegis of the legion works rly great on him.Other items are self explanatory.Its a pretty cheap core build but gives him all he needs and boost him rly good.If u are concered about mana,with some runes and utility tree,there isnt much to worry about,trust me.

For masteries,i thought def tree would boost ghouls hp early,but its negligible.Better go 9/0/21 for lower cds,mana regen and magic pen for your skills.Runes,i go with mana regen seals,armor pen marks,flat hp Quints and flat mana blue.Give him all around utility early.

But rly,he is a hard champ to master.If you like that challenge and get a nice payoff for playing good,this is your champ,and hes worth buying.

FareWars

06-25-2011

Yorick is not a any game champion. What I have seen from a Yorick is plenty of kill steals. WIthout fail, playing agaist a Yorick is a win.

I admit, you could be a good summoner - you could have good strategy, tactics, map awareness and so forth - but in the end, your still playing a character based on numbers, and the numbers suck. Regardless of strategy, regardless of build - the champion itself is flawed.

Enough of the "its how you build him" talk.