Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gangplank constantly getting Gankplagued

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaver Forte

04-08-2010

so i recently purchased gp after playing him for a little while on one of the free weeks back when i was a much lower level. he's really fun to play as because of his extraordinary crit damage with his pistol. yet now, for some reason, whenever i play 'em, i'm constantly a target of ganks that in most circumstances, i cant escape.

does anyone else have this problem with gp? the build im using is the tibbers 65%-ish crit build with flash and exhaust

Brontobeuf

04-08-2010

Don't walk somewhere too far from safe zones alone if you don't know where your oponents are. This advice has the great advantage to also work with other Gangplank builds AND with other chars.

objectivesea

04-08-2010

Quote:
Brontobeuf:
Don't walk somewhere too far from safe zones alone if you don't know where your oponents are. This advice has the great advantage to also work with other Gangplank builds AND with other chars.

Pretty much this. If you are building lots of crit, you are building a melee hero as a glass cannon... Literally.

Get some defensive items, or, as I've seen Phreak do with many melee heroes, spec 21 points in the defensive tree. You won't get the extra damage from the offensive tree, but you will survive to put out more damage, as you won't die after one parley.

You can also try entering team fights a few seconds after. Throw a parley, kill a friendly minion, and then start to move in. Just make sure your tank is tanking, or you will die.

Ixsha

04-08-2010

you have to be expected to be targetted and think over and run away quicker than you usually try.

i haven't had a problem like this when i am pretty new to gangplank, thanks to the free champion thing.

you could always change around the build to go more tanky because gp is squishy :x

resinator

04-08-2010

if you're going full critplank, you're doing it wrong.

RainbowVoodoo

Master Recruiter

04-08-2010

Quote:
resinator:
if you're going full critplank, you're doing it wrong.

This.

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/124,Heat+n+Serve%27s+advanced+Gangplank+gameplay+discussion < Follow this.