Top tier champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sarg338

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-11-2011

Hey guys. Say I want to get more competitive in LoL. What would be the top-tier champions you guys would say I need to learn?

mofoundead

08-12-2011

just use your main and stick to what you know and hope your teammates arent bad thats really the only thing i can say 2 you

mistermoo

08-12-2011

Warwick and Annie are both simple yet effective champions which are good to know how to play.

Sarg338

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoo View Post
Warwick and Annie are both simple yet effective champions which are good to know how to play.
I actually see Annie banned in most games I go in to, so I'm not sure if I should learn her right now.

I will look into playing WW though, thanks!

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

08-13-2011

Hmm...

Here's some effective picks.

Carry: Vayne Ashe for ranked, Gangplank for melee

Tank: Rammus. Don't bother with amumu since he gets banned 90% of the time

Support. Soraka and Sona are really easy to play and benefit your team a lot

Tanky DPS. Both Mordekaiser and Rumble almost never lose with a half decent team (yes, Rumble is tanky dps... he has no burst damage, and he is melee)

AP Carry. Annie is a near instant ban, but fiddlesticks is pretty op, and rarely banned, so do that. Also of note is Malzahar

Ishahakat

08-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopei Viorel II View Post
Hmm...

Here's some effective picks.

Carry: Vayne Ashe for ranked, Gangplank for melee

Tank: Rammus. Don't bother with amumu since he gets banned 90% of the time

Support. Soraka and Sona are really easy to play and benefit your team a lot

Tanky DPS. Both Mordekaiser and Rumble almost never lose with a half decent team (yes, Rumble is tanky dps... he has no burst damage, and he is melee)

AP Carry. Annie is a near instant ban, but fiddlesticks is pretty op, and rarely banned, so do that. Also of note is Malzahar
Corki is an effective Ranged ad carry, providing a good team.
Rammus isn't half the tank Ali is.
Fiddle isn't too great either
Soraka and Sona are great to play, providing your team can handle a support.

Tiers really don't matter as much as a good team comp/matchup. I would never base a game about "Who is the best champion" so much as "Who is the best fit champion to my team".

Ute

08-13-2011

I have to second the rammus hating.. At 600-800 Elo people think he is godlike for some reason, everyone else tends to realize he cant do much of anything very well. Sure he can do well at times, but any champ can. I think alistar is a better pick also.

Frank Mardel

08-13-2011

top tanks:
Amumu/Alistar

top AD range:
Ashe (no question)

top AP:
Anivia/Annie/Brand/Ori (these are all pretty much on same lvl, just depends on team comps)

top Support:
Janna/Sona

top melee dps:
jungle WW/Noc

Cinderulla

08-13-2011

watch top champ streams - http://clgaming.net/live/666-nesl-league-of-legends
that's the tourny going on right now. Any live stream that has a 2k elo player, watch if you'd like to become top as well.

http://solomid.net/guides.php
read guides, but don't copy them exactly. As with everything, nothing is black and white. If you notice you're getting bursted down by a fed brand, don't try and counter it with another phantom dancer, but get bashee or fon. Defense will give you that edge to survive. Dead damage is no damage.

http://rog.clgaming.net/tier-lists/44-solo-queue/latest
that's the link to elementz tier list. Tons out there, he just happens to update his frequently and very reliable. You can google league champion tier list to find others, but make sure to check who is writing them, they may claim to be the best player in the world, yet their ELO is 800.

Ranked and normals aren't so different. Some picks will be stronger against others skill levels. Mord is a great example. Orianna is a top ELO pick, yet in normals, you rarely see her.

hope this help. Just google and lurk forums (: