Riot is a joke that doesn't admit mistakes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blahbeeda

09-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlow4iPod View Post
Problem is HON requires a pretty good graphics card to run. I just bought a new computer and being a college student I can't exactly splurge yet. I know most kids my age are in the same situation. LoL is also free but you don't need higher end grahpics to run it.
You should really try the webiste - http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

I bet you will be able to run HoN easily.

And to the people who say pausing "disrupts flow of the gameplay" then wtf is DC'ing to you? A minor inconvenience? Is dieing bad? Answer - yes it is. DC'ing is just like dieing, you lose farm time, xp time, and your team is down a man, which can make or break a fight. When you successfully gank any enemy hero that is carrying their team do you cry "OH YES I GAINED MORE GOLD WE CAN PUSH NOW!" or rather "THEY ARE DOWN A MAN GG PUSH AND WIN!"

dreamspeaker

09-01-2011

While I'm a big fan of champion skins and all the content Riot offers us by a reasonable price, it still shows clearly what their main concern is, if you compare at which speed other parts of the game are developed. Matchmaking, gameplay, griefer penalties, team balancing, system stability, patching etc are way less than expectable for such community and a game that is already getting old. Riot staff needs to act and keep their legion at their side, not against them.

edit: bad english

Blahbeeda

09-01-2011

Bad english but great use of words imo.

belthazor3457

09-02-2011

As someone who mainly plays FPS games competitively and is, to be fair, reasonably new to the DOTA-style scene by comparison:

In FPS tournaments, the slightest glitch or balance problem, like say for example a character slipping into a wall texture, is grounds for an immediate re-do of the match in most cases, and if it's an issue of the map, the match is usually redone and the same map is not used for the remainder of the tournament. Most big issues are cracked down on very hard in FPS games...

so, to be fair, maybe my opinion's biased - but I know LoL has a great deal of bugs, glitches, and crash problems - I've endured a number of them myself, and I know it's at no fault of my own or user error. Riot could safely say "This is not our fault" by providing the computers for everyone to use and for nothing bad happening as a result. If everyone uses an equal computer with equal equipment and you still have disconnects, (and come now, it's LoL, it's not THAT intensive on your comp, it wouldn't be too big an investment) then the game has a problem. If everyone has to bring their own and you still have disconnects - then you STILL have a problem and riot will still - justly - be blamed for a good number of glitches that happen in LoL that will provide good framing for "motive, means, and opportunity" for anyone looking to blame riot.

Whole issue is avoided by a pause feature, though - the absence of which STILL comes down to blaming riot.

Just swallow your pride, listen to the community, and patch in a pause button as at least a quick-fix untill the disconnect issues, which are probably more labor-intensive to fix, can be worked out. If nothing else, it'll hold people over so you don't have catastrophic problems like this again.

...but right now, as a FPS'er, the idea that this is allowed in a competitive tourney is an abomination to anyone who claims player against player and fair play.

Dr rAndOm

09-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by pootaco View Post
Trying to look at the situation from any angle shows Riot's immense stupidity. Westrice's disconnect at Dreamhack is absolutely unforgivable. Pause buttons are extremely hard to implement eh? I guess I can't complain about that as much, since it didn't exist at the time. (though you'd think in the times since the screw up that one would be made) Why were the teams not forced to restart the match?

I understand that previous threads have been made about this but no one seems to really be making a big deal of it. This case was even worsened when Phreak bs'ed on stream for a few minutes and refused to cover the disconnect. Riot doesn't even make any attempt to offer an apology to Westrice or the LoL community. Good business, Riot.
watched sth happened in over 2 year n a half the time i have been playing LOL.

Disappointed? Normal.